The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
I think that’s a good plan. 😊 Extra candling won’t hurt the embryos. And, just one more thing… I’ve had lots of Serama chicks hatch at 70%+ humidity. It spikes as soon as they start hatching, so all you can really do is keep eyes on them. Fluffy, those tiny eggs can handle short periods of fluctuations in temperature and humidity without being in danger. ❤️
I can attest to that. Remember my hatch in November? @fluffycrow Everyone started hatching and humidity was at like 82. :hmm It was barely 70 when they started. Got crazy in there AND too much condensation. Got hard to see the hatching.

Thank you for the reassurance :hugs ! I'll try to do 45%, hoping it doesn't rise over 50% at any given time, but doesn't drop much. How often do you think I should check air cells? In the beginning I said I'd do day 7, day 14, and day 16/17 candling, but now I'm thinking of doing one at day 5 as well
I candled everyday with mine at first bc it was super cool. Now I just candle every OTHER day or so 🤣

I think that’s a good plan. 😊 Extra candling won’t hurt the embryos. And, just one more thing… I’ve had lots of Serama chicks hatch at 70%+ humidity. It spikes as soon as they start hatching, so all you can really do is keep eyes on them. Fluffy, those tiny eggs can handle short periods of fluctuations in temperature and humidity without being in danger. ❤️

Thank you for the reassurance. That's very encouraging!

Yes! @fluffycrow What eggs are left and is there a theme?

4 and 5 from the serama eggs, and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27 from the Tsouloufates :D

The theme for the serama is popular singers, and the theme for the Tsouloufates is Easter related/ Greekish

You Got This Do It GIF by Studios 2016

Let's get growing eggies!
Plant Grow GIF by Bare Tree Media

Back
Top Bottom