The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
Greeting Best Wishes GIF by Bombay Softwares

Good luck !

Thank you’ll for all amazing pictures and sharing your thoughts.

How adorable, so sweet! I bet they don't like wash days! No chicken I've met does!
I never tried washing my chickens. But they have always access to a dry dustbath area (with DE).

Is there a Tsouloufates egg 🥚 with the name Tzatziki? Or Tiropita? 😋
Or do you rather give them names of the Greek gods or mythology?

4 and 5 from the serama eggs, and 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 27 from the Tsouloufates :D

The theme for the serama is popular singers, and the theme for the Tsouloufates is Easter related/ Greekish
I will take number 13 and name it.......Apollymi! She is the goddess of life, death, and wisdom!

Good luck !

I never tried washing my chickens. But they have always access to a dry dustbath area (with DE).

For me, a quick wash-up isn’t too bad.

1. Place the tiny chicken in a bin of warm water, with a little pet shampoo.
2. Gently work the dirt off.
3. Place the tiny chicken into a bin of clean water and rinse.
4. Towel-dry.
5. Let the tiny chicken spend the night in a warm crate in the utility room. ❤️

Since I have a lot of booted bantams (who also love getting dirty), I’m accustomed to the bathtime routine. ☺️

For me, a quick wash-up isn’t too bad.

1. Place the tiny chicken in a bin of warm water, with a little pet shampoo.
2. Gently work the dirt off.
3. Place the tiny chicken into a bin of clean water and rinse.
4. Towel-dry.
5. Let the tiny chicken spend the night in a warm crate in the utility room. ❤️

Since I have a lot of booted bantams (who also love getting dirty), I’m accustomed to the bathtime routine. ☺️
I only bathe mine if they get poop on em. I don't have teeny tiny babies. All my girls are medium or large size atm. I won't have teenies until hatchday this Tuesday!

I only bathe mine if they get poop on em. I don't have teeny tiny babies. All my girls are medium or large size atm. I won't have teenies until hatchday this Tuesday!
Like you, my LF are bathed ONLY if they’re a total mess. And, that can be a challenge sometimes! If you encounter that with your Seramas, they’re SO MUCH EASIER to bathe.

HATCH DAY is fast approaching! Go Pride! Go Sloth! 🥰

Good luck !

Thank you, glad you enjoyed those!

I've never intentionally washed one of my birds. Years ago when I had white leghorns, they sometimes got pretty dirty. They'd get in the way of the hose, and then scream about it. At least they got clean. Ursula loves water, and stays in the rain. What she HATES, is the aftermath. A silkied hen doesn't do too well with all that water. Wet chicken has a very funky smell too

None of the eggs from the Tsouloufates have the names you mentioned! I find those names to be perfect! Which number Tsouloufati egg would you like?

Back
Top Bottom