The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
Yup🤣.

To bring it back to a chicken theme, those Tsouloufati eggs must be getting confused as well, because they're not developing as much as we need them to! Come on you little couch potatoes, pick up the pace!
Come on eggies, lets go!
Lets Go Fighting GIF by DINOSALLY

Oh gosh, I know EXACTLY how you felt when Stafford flew off!! :hugs :hugs I am so glad you got her back!! ❤ The same thing happened to me, I had a Cockatiel that loved to sit on my shoulder and would stay there even if I went outside.(In hindsight this was dangerous and I'm not sure why I didn't think this at the time. :he) I went outside on the porch one day with Peepers on my shoulder, all of a sudden he took off! He did wide circles around the house going higher and higher, meanwhile I hear him calling with joy, this must have been thrilling for him!! 🤣 Not for me, 😢 :barnie I was screaming his name, PEEP! PEEP! PEEP! He just kept circling and circling getting higher and higher, then he just dropped down and landed in the front yard! He was exhausted and breathing hard, I ran over to him and grabbed him in relief! Dang bird nearly killed me that day. :barnie I was sure he was a goner. Never AGAIN did I go outside with him on my shoulder, that was the first and last adventure in flight Peepers ever got. 🤣
Yes, the chances we take with our feathered ones are based on trust in them, that they’re always going to act in the manner that we expect them to. Peep and Stafford were a few of the lucky ones. A bird wants to fly! So… why would I think Stafford was going to avoid that urge to take flight whenever I had her in the great outdoors? I’m shaking my head right now, at myself. There are moments like that giving me slight anxiety, to this very day, just thinking about them.

I've told this story on another thread before, so I think TwoCrows and Wind will remember it. I'd taken all the serama out for some free ranging. Lady Gaga immediately went to the side of the mix breed bantam pen and was running up and down, trying to court them. Suddenly, I couldn't find him. Only heard courting peeps. Searched for about thirty seconds, before coming close to the sound; he'd stuffed himself in between the two pieces of the wire fence and he was stuck for good. With some pulling at tugging, and maneuvering, he was out. He went right back to woo-ing:th
Ohhhhhh little Gaga! The situations he can get into, all in the name of “love”! I’m so glad you found that handsome guy so quickly!

Good (late) morning everyone! I might've candled, and let's just say I'm jumping with joy :wee !

Out of the four serama eggs I candled, ALL were developing! To be specific, the eggs of @Debbie292d , @GreenJay , @TwoCrows and @WoDia were candled. Your cheering efforts have been paying off peeps, so keep 'em coming! As far as the Tsouloufates go, I could not tell a thing. I pulled number 5 (unclaimed) because it had a huge crack that I can't understand how I missed. All the others (well, from the few I candled) didn't have any cracks, but there wasn't anything to see in general. Granted, there was a LOT of light creeping in, and the shells are a lot darker than the shells of the serama. The only egg I saw a teeny bit of vein was on @tlcmurphy 's Jelly Bean
I’m excited! Yay Mercury!

❤️ GROW!!!! ❤️

Come on Tsoureki! I know you’re in there!

We want a chick in EVERY egg!

I've told this story on another thread before, so I think TwoCrows and Wind will remember it. I'd taken all the serama out for some free ranging. Lady Gaga immediately went to the side of the mix breed bantam pen and was running up and down, trying to court them. Suddenly, I couldn't find him. Only heard courting peeps. Searched for about thirty seconds, before coming close to the sound; he'd stuffed himself in between the two pieces of the wire fence and he was stuck for good. With some pulling at tugging, and maneuvering, he was out. He went right back to woo-ing:th
That is hilarious! I love male chickens because of their antics, as long as those said antics are not too hormonal. I have a Cochin Bantam rooster that has had a deformed leg since he has hatched, which likely came from the fact that they took far too long to ship the bantam surprise hatching eggs here! He limps because of his deformed leg, but I can assure you . . . he can run as fast as he wants to and for as long as he wants to when he sees a hen cross over from the other yard. 🤦‍♀️

That is hilarious! I love male chickens because of their antics, as long as those said antics are not too hormonal. I have a Cochin Bantam rooster that has had a deformed leg since he has hatched, which likely came from the fact that they took far too long to ship the bantam surprise hatching eggs here! He limps because of his deformed leg, but I can assure you . . . he can run as fast as he wants to and for as long as he wants to when he sees a hen cross over from the other yard. 🤦‍♀️

Sneaky little guy. He pretends to be slow, only to pounce on any hen He can get🤣

I’m sorry you didn’t get her back Fluffy. 😞 That must’ve been very difficult to know that someone stole her. I would’ve been heartbroken if that happened to me. This part’s to cheer you up about that… I was telling @Debbie292d about my male turkeys being stolen away. Well, it was a bunch of wild turkey hens doing all of the stealing! I actually had to track them down in the forest and bring them home! 🤣 I had to keep them in a large run after that.
Oh my, naughty boys 🤣 we have wild turkeys around our house, I am quite tempted to go in the woods and try to find they're nest and sneak a few eggs into my incubator 🤣

Back
Top Bottom