The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Pics
Actually, I don't mind the boys. In the case of the LFs, the extra boys become food. In the case of the serama, it's a little more tricky, but they are equally tasty. What I would like to see is a very nice (conformationaly) female serama.

I think the line my birds are produces better males than females; I'd like to change that My Tsouloufates are varied (as landraces are) so there's not much to be said there. The birds I have produces so far range from what I'd consider low quality, all the way up to very good
I wouldn't be able to eat the chickens that I have raised, I would prefer re-homing any of the extra cockerels. That's just how I am, which I probably shouldn't be like that. Chicken tastes gross to me anyways, I see so many people saying it tastes good but I have to disagree!

I wouldn't be able to eat the chickens that I have raised, I would prefer re-homing any of the extra cockerels. That's just how I am, which I probably shouldn't be like that. Chicken tastes gross to me anyways, I see so many people saying it tastes good but I have to disagree!
I have a hard time eating chicken now that I raise them, tastes bad to me, and I definitely can't eat my own. You aren't alone!

Many people feel the same way. I don't know if I'd be able to do the butchering myself, but I can stomach the wrangling up. I'm one of those peeps that likes the taste of chicken

I couldn’t butcher nor eat my own chickens as they’re pets, but I totally understand folks that do. Especially with extra cockerels.
I can eat the heck out of chickens I don’t own however, here are my knuckleheads basking under the warmth of the BBQ while hubby roasts up one of their brethren.
IMG_0437.jpeg

I couldn’t butcher nor eat my own chickens as they’re pets, but I totally understand folks that do. Especially with extra cockerels.
I can eat the heck out of chickens I don’t own however, here are my knuckleheads basking under the warmth of the BBQ while hubby roasts up one of their brethren.
View attachment 3797311

Oh yes, chickens very much like the meat of their fellow...chickens. It's not uncommon for me to chase the birds around for pieces of their flockmates after a fox attack (thankfully not that common now). Although when Koutsi was sick, and a fox came and ripped her head through the wire, the same thing happened

Back
Top Bottom