The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

Good day eggies!! On 3, 2, 1... let's see those veins!

loop blood GIF

So sorry to hear about the potential blood rings, Fluffy :hugs You know I candle a ton sometimes, and I've never noticed a difference in embryo losses between batches where I candle like crazy and batches that I'm more busy with life and don't candle as much. Based on my experience, I really don't think candling is what caused it.

Creeper, the semilethal gene that Japanese bantams have as was mentioned a couple pages back, is an interesting thought. I didn't realize that was in Seramas as well, but looking at them some do look like they could have it. Homozygous embryos die at around day 4 of development, though, so I'd expect you would have seen signs of that back when you candled at day 5 (if I counted correctly)... 🤔 However, if that is the case, then nothing you did or would have done differently would change anything.

Hopefully you've got lots of strong, bouncing embryos when you candle next :fl Sending all the positive vibes!

So sorry to hear about the potential blood rings, Fluffy :hugs You know I candle a ton sometimes, and I've never noticed a difference in embryo losses between batches where I candle like crazy and batches that I'm more busy with life and don't candle as much. Based on my experience, I really don't think candling is what caused it.

Creeper, the semilethal gene that Japanese bantams have as was mentioned a couple pages back, is an interesting thought. I didn't realize that was in Seramas as well, but looking at them some do look like they could have it. Homozygous embryos die at around day 4 of development, though, so I'd expect you would have seen signs of that back when you candled at day 5 (if I counted correctly)... 🤔 However, if that is the case, then nothing you did or would have done differently would change anything.

Hopefully you've got lots of strong, bouncing embryos when you candle next :fl Sending all the positive vibes!

Thank you :hugs . I think I candled on day 4 for the first time, since yesterday I candled at around the time Day 7 begun.

Seems like there aren't any new peeps to claim eggs, so after tonight's candling, do you want an egg?

Here is the official first candling updates peeps! From the serama, 4 had blood rings, and 4 are still developing. Let's really root for the 4 little seramas left! Specifically, number one, two, four, and 6 ( @WoDia , @TwoCrows , @ElfenLied89 , @Sally PB ) are gone. Sorry friends:hugs

Number 3 ( @BDutch ) , 5 (unclaimed), 7 ( @Debbie292d ) and 8 ( @GreenJay ) are developing!

Back
Top Bottom