The tiny serama; a Hatching adventure

I brood small numbers, so here’s what I use. I just fill them and place in a corner, for my Serama chicks. That’s not really an option for your bigger brooder.
IMG_4220.png

I brood small numbers, so here’s what I use. I just fill them and place in a corner, for my Serama chicks. That’s not really an option for your bigger brooder.
View attachment 3822389

I'll have to keep these in mind. I may have ones similar to these laying around from my budgie days

Quail are super tiny too. I used Jelly jar lids for water and feed.
Lids are a terrific idea. I place marbles to keep chicks from going in, but some always find a way to get wet! I’m brooding King quail chicks right now with the waterer in the last photo. They’re brooding with a Serama and Silkie. The tiniest one (the slate tuxedo, who happens to be the oldest) finds a way to get wet, just like Freddie!
IMG_4214.jpeg

Lids are a terrific idea. I place marbles to keep chicks from going in, but some always find a way to get wet! I’m brooding King quail chicks right now with the waterer in the last photo. They’re brooding with a Serama and Silkie. The tiniest one (the slate tuxedo, who happens to be the oldest) finds a way to get wet, just like Freddie!
View attachment 3822625
Jelly lids work fabulous and I too put marbles in the ones for water! :highfive: These bigger waterers and feeders are hard for the little ones to access without falling in. Adorable little babies there! :love

Jelly lids work fabulous and I too put marbles in the ones for water! :highfive: These bigger waterers and feeders are hard for the little ones to access without falling in. Adorable little babies there! :love
Thank you so much! 🥰 I agree about the bigger waterer and quail chicks. The budgie waterers I use have small openings but are too high for some of the chicks to reach. So, I have a lid with marbles for the itsy bitsys at one end of the brooder. I’ve got the tiniest one on a blanket right now. He likes to sleep in my hand. Once in a great while, I’ll have one that gets very attached to me. Perhaps, this one? ❤️ He’s certainly the tiniest king quail I’ve ever hatched.
IMG_4252.jpeg

Thank you so much! 🥰 I agree about the bigger waterer and quail chicks. The budgie waterers I use have small openings but are too high for some of the chicks to reach. So, I have a lid with marbles for the itsy bitsys at one end of the brooder. I’ve got the tiniest one on a blanket right now. He likes to sleep in my hand. Once in a great while, I’ll have one that gets very attached to me. Perhaps, this one? ❤️ He’s certainly the tiniest king quail I’ve ever hatched.
View attachment 3822732
Oh that is SO adorable! :love Quail babies do love soft plushy things. You know those soft parrot snugglies they sell? My quail hatchlings always loved to snuggle in them...

RSCN0751.JPG

Oh that is SO adorable! :love Quail
View attachment 3822732

babies do love soft plushy things. You know those soft parrot snugglies they sell? My quail hatchlings always loved to snuggle in them...

View attachment 3822991

Adorbs:love

Oh that is SO adorable! :love Quail babies do love soft plushy things. You know those soft parrot snugglies they sell? My quail hatchlings always loved to snuggle in them...

View attachment 3822991
I know exactly what you’re talking about!
Quail chick + snuggly thing = happy quail chick!
Your chicks are so adorable and look so content on their plushie! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom