The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
I sprinkled chick grit on their food (game bird starter), so that shouldn't be a problem…… hopefully. Also ordered some Nutritional Yeast just to be safe on the Niacin levels.

I was just wondering if anyone knew the best type of seed/pellets to give only drakes? I live in Australia and only have 2 male ducks so I was thinking that laying pellets wouldn't really be especially beneficial for them? I'm probably wrong so if anyone can help it would be much appreciated! :D

I have a question about giving your ducks watermelon. I have seen people cut a watermelon in half and give it to their ducks. Do you need to get all the seeds out before giving it to the ducks?

I have a question about giving your ducks watermelon. I have seen people cut a watermelon in half and give it to their ducks. Do you need to get all the seeds out before giving it to the ducks?
Mine have never eaten the seeds of water melon but I usually try to get as many as I can out.

We buy the small seedless watermelons when they come on sale. I split it in two, half for my ducks and half for the chickens. They go crazy for it. I used to cut it all up and feed it but I ran out of time once and just set the two halves in their runs. They didn't seem to have any problems getting it for themselves.

We just brought home 2 Khaki C today.. 1 wk old super cute. A tad scared right now.. They finally settled down for the night and are not crying anymore. So happy I found this thread.

Back
Top Bottom