The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements...

Pics
so for beans, do you have to cook fresh beans like from a farmers market or is it just dried beans that need to be cooked.

I was a zoo keeper for many years taking care of all kinds of birds including ducks. You didn't have any stars by crickets. The ducks I worked with loved greens and bugs. The number one thing ALL the ducks would go nuts for were wax worms & crickets. MOSTLY CRICKETS! They loved them so much that if we had to medicate a duck we would always use crickets. They love chasing them. We threw them in pools or just on the ground. Watching them was one of my favorite things about my job :) I would put 10 stars by crickets :)

I was a zoo keeper for many years taking care of all kinds of birds including ducks. You didn't have any stars by crickets. The ducks I worked with loved greens and bugs. The number one thing ALL the ducks would go nuts for were wax worms & crickets. MOSTLY CRICKETS! They loved them so much that if we had to medicate a duck we would always use crickets. They love chasing them. We threw them in pools or just on the ground. Watching them was one of my favorite things about my job :) I would put 10 stars by crickets :)
I think you are right, we don't have many crickets any more or other bugs either.

I love this thread & am really grateful for it. Our little duckling came to us a week ago & were told s/he eats bird seed. Yesterday I gave him broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, & a bit of chicken for dinner. :) I do have a couple of questions though:

Is Swiss Chard safe for him? (He's about 3 weeks old.)

Can he eat canned cat food since your able to feed him dry?

Our cats eat Friskies Indoor dry food because they get hairballs. Would it be ok for Quackers?

Can he eat fresh alfalfa or only "alfalfa cubes"?

Back
Top Bottom