The Wyandotte Thread

His neck was stretched looking at something so he looks out of balance. He is the friendliest one from the group of fall birds I raised. The blue is just about as big and the other black is smal. In fact thought it was a hen for awhile. Goodness what am I gonna do with three roos?

Took a quick pic of my Bantam BLR Pullet to day,

will try to post a better pics soon, she's about 4 months old
12005_blr_pullet.jpg

Quote:
I don't have any right now, but am incubating and should have some in a few weeks.
22072_roo.jpg

22072_henrun.jpg

Hen
22072_grouphens2.jpg

I try to only breed birds that look like these and some splash as well with that roo above and with a black laced cockerel that should only produce blue chicks.

If weather permits, I'll try to take more current photos tomorrow.

Sue

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new here and I don't get to post very much becaues I don't have a computer or internet at home.

I am trying to upload some pictures of a few of my birds. I would love feedback comments if possible. These are all going to be not-so-great pics as they are with my cell phone... AND I had to catch everybody and put them in cages to get pics... no one will stand still long enough for my phone to take pictures....

I appreciate your time!
Take care!

~Mandi
Mt. Spokane, WA

The Blue are Pauls' birds.
"Blue Roo1":
65276_blueroo1.jpg

"Blue Hen1":
65276_bluehen1.jpg

Most of the BLRW are either Paul or Paul x Foley cross. With the exception of the Splash hen... her origin is not exactly known as the breeder I got her from couldn't remember which line she was hatched from....

I know that my "Roo2" is VERY yellow/gold on his hackle feathers... he isn't being used as a breeder right now. Only will be IF I get some hens to go with him...

"Roo 1":
65276_roo1_foleyxpaulcross.jpg

"Roo 2:
65276_roo2.jpg

"Roo2" wing:
65276_roo2winglacing.jpg

"Roo2" breast feathers:
65276_roo2lacing.jpg

"Splash Hen":
65276_splashhen1a.jpg

"Black Laced Pullet":
65276_blacklacedpullet.jpg

Quote:
does the pullet in the bottom picture have white ear lobes or is that just the way the picture looks?
I think they are nice but i'd like better tail sets. that seems to be one of the problems in the blr for the most part but with more breeding of this color, tail sets should get better.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom