Thermometer Suggestions??

Eggseronious

Songster
14 Years
Mar 6, 2008
East Tennessee
Has anyone used this thermometer/hygrometer?
http://www.reliablepaper.com/Digital_Thermometer_With_Humidity_p/tay1452.htm
Most incubator or poultry suppliers ask $25-$29 for this item. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
jumpy.gif

I've just been at this a couple of years now.....so others have far more experience.

My 2-cents - I've had MUCH better hatches since I started using a digital flukers, available in the reptile dept at Petco. It's always right on with the dual thermometer/wick type hygrometer. My family thought I was nuts when I asked for a "flukers" for my birthday!

I have to agree with Equus2, I have purchased 6 different thermometers and hygrometers. Fluckers is the one that I have had the best results with. I tested my against a mercury thermometer and it was right on. Humidity proved to be accurate judging by air cells during incubation and the results at hatch time.

I could have saved lots of money if I had just purchased the Flucker to start with. The little unit you reference may be great but it is not designed for the environment that requires high temp and humidity for extended periods of time. I know it is hard to part with the 25+or- dollars for the Fluckers but it has been very reliable for me.

Im using 2 old thermometer/ hygrometers that has its good days and bad days lol I need to get updated! I dont mind the 20-30 $ range because I know the better ones cost more. Just looking for something reliable in the digital. My old ones are too big also! Update>>> Im not getting good reviews on the flukers after I leave here!! and most are cheap under $12 ive checked alot of sites too!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom