Things I don't feed my chickensšŸ˜Š

Forgive me for cutting your quote short. One must always consider the source. ā€œGarbage in yields garbage outā€-excellent food for thought.

This is called generalizing misinformation.
Animal health researches have been studying the impact of standardized citrus extract on broiler gut health and growth in Europe for a while.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10032183/

I get that people want to be helpful when offering advice on BYC. We all need to carefully consider the source of information.
Unrelated, but we literally can't take those studies on broilers as advice for non broilers. Their bodies are not like other chicken's bodies.

Mine are bread feinds. Too much treats can be bad. And especially bread, so I try to not give it to them. Garlic just makes the eggs taste weird. But also the title is "What I Dont feed my chickens" so it is a personal thing.
OP edited the title (which is fine,) just wanted to let you know in case you were confused as to why others were offering alternate information - it was based on the old title and text. :)

A few things I dont feed my chickens.

Wagyu beef
Truffles
Caviar
Bluefin Tuna
Saffron
King Crab legs
Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

I feed my chickens raw potato, ones that are not green. They eat them up with no problem.

I have also given them apple core with seeds as well as apples that are going bad.

No problems in my chickens. All big and strong and laying eggs like there is no tomorrow.

The internet can be very conflicting with information. You may find some things saying "Don't feed [Insert food] to your chickens or they will die" while you may find others saying "[Insert food] is very healthy for chickens and support immune system and bone health." so don't go to just any site or the first paragraph of text that shows up on Google and take that as fact. Go to credited sources that have knowledge on what they are doing, not a blog of a person who heard from a person on Wikipedia that you shouldn't give this to your chickens.

Back
Top Bottom