Things you never said until you had chickens.......

lol thats so true for the chicken ball. I just got some milly worms for my girls and the Buffs, are shy . well they busted the line to get a worm..
My kids LOVE chicken football. They sit here & pick the dead mealies out of the tote every couple of days just to watch the chicks in the brooder go nuts. My daughter even feeds them the shed skins
lau.gif

My kids LOVE chicken football. They sit here & pick the dead mealies out of the tote every couple of days just to watch the chicks in the brooder go nuts. My daughter even feeds them the shed skins
lau.gif
Which brings to mind something else that gets said often round here:

"Put those dang worms back in the drawer & go to bed!!!!"

I was born and raised in Jersey - in the city - I still can't believe that I've been yelling out to my husband (as we prepare for our chickens, etc) "Babe, we need worms!" Our neighbors must thing we're real freaks, hahahahaa

oh and someone said to feed them Grubworms.
I saw in this mans yard the mother of all grubs. they was so big you could see them from across the yard!
Im saying as big as your lil finger at least!
Just think of what the chicks would do with that...

After having lunch out with a friend, she suggested we go to the mall for a little window shopping.

My reply: Sorry, no can do. My chickens expect their snack promptly at 2:00!

....the best is.... I was explaining to my husband that the rooster needs his spurs trimmed; the roo is tearing up the girls backs. So I tell my husband, well there are aprons that can be put on the hens to protect their backs. My husband: Aprons? I will go trim the roosters spurs.

Wife 1, Hubby 0

Back
Top Bottom