Things you wish you could say

It shouldnt be this confusing to apply for graduation. And is it normal for campuses to not have Gen Ed Associates? I had to switch campuses (but my last class is still on my old campus, so I've never taken a class on my 'new' campus) just so I can apply and hope to finish this semester

it is NOT multi-tasking when you text while having a conversation with me---it is RUDENESS
Yup! If it is that important, stop texting, call, and talk. Like this:

"You're going to be an hour late getting home? Do you need a ride? Ok, thanks for letting me know. Bye."

"You fell and broke your arm at Aunt Betsy's house? I'm on my way!"

"You're making a cake for Ben and ran out of flour? There's more in the cupboard in the basement. That's a nice thing to do. Bye."

Not like this:

"Yeah, I saw what happened on Days of Our Lives. Blah-blah-blah."

If you wouldn't interrupt our conversation for that conversation, don't do it for a text.

Yup! If it is that important, stop texting, call, and talk. Like this:

"You're going to be an hour late getting home? Do you need a ride? Ok, thanks for letting me know. Bye."

"You fell and broke your arm at Aunt Betsy's house? I'm on my way!"

"You're making a cake for Ben and ran out of flour? There's more in the cupboard in the basement. That's a nice thing to do. Bye."

Not like this:

"Yeah, I saw what happened on Days of Our Lives. Blah-blah-blah."

If you wouldn't interrupt our conversation for that conversation, don't do it for a text.
Common courtesy and common sense have both fallen by the wayside.

Trying to forgive a sibling for their lies to the other family members & causing the other family to question “our honesty”…. Then causing us to be “thrown under the family bus” so they can score the grandparents hose on the lake for themselves….

5+ years ago now.

relationship with the rest of the family has been fixed solidly over the last 3 years….

The sibling and their Wedded other half still have no inclination to apologize or show honesty towards their actions.

I have tried several times to start the healing and *forgiving them* - they show no signs of effort for rekindling anything…..

/that’s as generic as I dare get.

Trying to forgive a sibling for their lies to the other family members & causing the other family to question “our honesty”…. Then causing us to be “thrown under the family bus” so they can score the grandparents hose on the lake for themselves….

5+ years ago now.

relationship with the rest of the family has been fixed solidly over the last 3 years….

The sibling and their Wedded other half still have no inclination to apologize or show honesty towards their actions.

I have tried several times to start the healing and *forgiving them* - they show no signs of effort for rekindling anything…..

:hugs

5+ years ago now.

Might not be a bad thing for you. If you have tried and they haven't, might be better to let them go. My husband's parents are terrible people but I tried to get along with them for years. Have you ever seen the show "Everybody Loves Raymond"? My mother in law made Marie look like a saint. Anyways, one day I was done. Done with the lying, done with the underhanded back stabbing, done with them. So I told them exactly how I felt. Afterwards, I felt a huge weight come off my shoulders and I haven't seen or spoken to them since. Best thing I ever did for myself and my family. I will not have poison people in my life. Good luck to you :hugs

Back
Top Bottom