Things you wish you could say

Cursive helps to make connections from the hand to the brain when writing. People who sign their name in print have a harder time at it than those who write in cursive and its very difficult to watch.
There is a need for cursive handwriting and it is a shame that the education system decided to ditch it.
Sorry, I disagree and usually don't try to be a pain in this thread. But, this subject is one where I see the struggles of young people who haven't been taught handwriting.
Just fyi, schools are teaching it again, in 2nd grade. The problem is, they don't make the kids continue cursive in higher grades so they never continue the practice

Cursive helps to make connections from the hand to the brain when writing. People who sign their name in print have a harder time at it than those who write in cursive and its very difficult to watch.
There is a need for cursive handwriting and it is a shame that the education system decided to ditch it.
Sorry, I disagree and usually don't try to be a pain in this thread. But, this subject is one where I see the struggles of young people who haven't been taught handwriting.
For me it’s the opposite. I used to take FOREVER to try to sign perfectly in cursive. Now it’s faster than it was but that’s only cause I gave up on making it perfect 🤣 even notes and stuff, print is much easier.

For me it’s the opposite. I used to take FOREVER to try to sign perfectly in cursive. Now it’s faster than it was but that’s only cause I gave up on making it perfect 🤣 even notes and stuff, print is much easier.
My printing is so sloppy it's not much more legible than my script. :rolleyes:
When getting 'report' on my patients at shift change I usually write down what I'm being told even after they have offered me their notes. If I have to write it, I had to process it in my head and it becomes MY knowledge.

Just fyi, schools are teaching it again, in 2nd grade. The problem is, they don't make the kids continue cursive in higher grades so they never continue the practice
Yeah, I had heard that. I didn't verify it, so didn't bring it up. But, it is wonderful news and I figured this would cycle back around. However, there are children who have not been exposed to it and cannot read it or write in cursive.

My printing is so sloppy it's not much more legible than my script. :rolleyes:
When getting 'report' on my patients at shift change I usually write down what I'm being told even after they have offered me their notes. If I have to write it, I had to process it in my head and it becomes MY knowledge.
Mine is usually pretty messy but very readable still. My dad’s no way 🤣 also I do intermix capitals and lowercase for some reason hah always have but I size them the same except when it needs it? Is cursive actually better than print for remembering etc. or just handwriting in general compared to typing?

Back
Top Bottom