Things you wish you could say

Yelling “________” in a packed store….. just to watch the dominoes *fall*….

(Just once for scientific research purposes… )
I've often said, at school, when they do the fire drills, it all goes good because everyone expects it. They should pull the fire alarm at a random time and not tell anyone, that's when they will know where the problems are

They did this once in awhile at the private school that I worked at. It always worked out.
That's good. But I bet your student body was a lot smaller than ours. Imagine 700 students plus the staff all running hell bent for the horizon. Not a good picture. I have every reason to suspect it would be a total cluster f

That's good. But I bet your student body was a lot smaller than ours. Imagine 700 students plus the staff all running hell bent for the horizon. Not a good picture. I have every reason to suspect it would be a total cluster f
Someone told me "Every battle plan works perfectly until the first shot is fired."

For the public schools I have any experience with, the students are NOT told in advance that a fire drill will happen. I think the teachers are told, but it is meant to be a surprise for the students. So an unexpected fire drill should see the students reacting as normal (and hopefully the teachers would be experienced enough to do the right things too.)

That's why you practice to be prepared for the what ifs. :confused:
We had 1/2 of your figures sure, but I'm not sure that would make a difference as we were doing business as usual and it's not the standard school where everyone is in the classroom sitting at a desk. If we had more students and faculty we would have had more classrooms and resources, they would have still been responsible for their environment. Usually if warned ahead of time, we weren't even told what hour it would happen, just knew the day. Also, the private school dealt with infants from 6 weeks old through middle school and has since expanded to high school.

That's why you practice to be prepared for the what ifs. :confused:
We had 1/2 of your figures sure, but I'm not sure that would make a difference as we were doing business as usual and it's not the standard school where everyone is in the classroom sitting at a desk. If we had more students and faculty we would have had more classrooms and resources, they would have still been responsible for their environment. Usually if warned ahead of time, we weren't even told what hour it would happen, just knew the day. Also, the private school dealt with infants from 6 weeks old through middle school and has since expanded to high school.
Do you live in North Carolina? This sounds just like the private school I used to go to… 😬

Montessori?

Back
Top Bottom