Things you wish you could say

Well, take your choice. Their spelling is crap u kno y 2
or they write sentences in emoji

Both should be horse whippable crimes IMO.

Aaron
Eh, every trend eventually has its backswing. Just imagine them them attempting to communicate with their own children...

Gen Z as a parent: Omg, Idk how 2 tty Zaelieghesme...
Child: Mother, how can you expect meaningful communication without appropriate vocabulary?
Child: Also, please be advised, I will henceforth be known as Jennifer.

Are you seeing differences in spelling based on which way kids are educated?
I see both ways spelled just as bad as each other. And I work in a public school, the way some of these teachers spell is shameful. I make my ten year old talk in complete sentences with none of this acronym crap when he is texting. And you bet your ass his words are spelled correctly

It's kind of ironic in a way.
Here we are, on the cusp of space travel, and these idiot kids are using Hieroglyphics to talk like they did 5000 years ago. Maybe the Heiro and the pyramids and all WERE created by aliens, and now that we are on the brink of being to go visit them at their homes, this whole trend, is us, learning their language, so it's all actually part of the plan !

Aaron

I see both ways spelled just as bad as each other. And I work in a public school, the way some of these teachers spell is shameful. I make my ten year old talk in complete sentences with none of this acronym crap when he is texting. And you bet your ass his words are spelled correctly
❤️❤️❤️

Are you seeing differences in spelling based on which way kids are educated?
No, none of them can spell. It all started with this crap of not telling a child the spelling is wrong. Just do the best you can. It has gotten to the point where sometimes you just can't make sense of the sentences.
Homeschool is a beef of mine, because my DIL is supposedly home schooling but none of her 4 kids were able to speak so anyone can understand them for the first 4 or more years of their lives. The youngest is 6 years old and i can't understand a thing he says. I think she
didn't send them to school because she would have to get up and get them ready for school in the morning.
I told my son they needed speech therapy, but it never happened.
I could go on and on.

That's because you are a parent and intend to produce a productive member of society.

Being able to understand the consequences of one's actions is an art that some parents have neglected. But hey, if they wanted a lifelong pet to take care of, they got it.

As a teacher I saw students who had been homeschooled very very well. Unfortunately, I also saw some who were homeschool very poorly. Homeschoolers educated poorly were the exception, in my experience. Most parents who care about their children's education are going to do their best, whether educating them at home or supporting the education the school is giving.

It all started with this crap of not telling a child the spelling is wrong. Just do the best you can. It has gotten to the point where sometimes you just can't make sense of the sentences.
The "spell it how you think it should be spelled" $#!+ of 30 years ago.... Oh, man, if they'd tried that on me (and I had the backbone I do now), I would have said, "My name is spelled, S-A-L-8-L-Y, and the 8 is silent."

22 years ago, a fellow CAD coworker told me that his son's teacher told him (the son) to call a right angle a "right turn." My coworker told his son that he was to call it a right angle, and if his teacher had a problem with that, the teacher could call him to discuss the matter.

Back
Top Bottom