Things you wish you could say

My business partner thinks I don't need anything because I'm frugal. I have my nice new house BECAUSE I'm frugal and saved for decades to afford it. It wasn't luck. It wasn't high paying jobs. It was work.
AMEN!!

One of my most painful memories was from a difficult time in my life; I was employed, but as a single (divorced) mom I struggled to keep a roof over our heads and my son fed, and could barely manage bologna sandwiches for my lunch
I didn't have kids, but I had a period in my life when I was living on soybeans from the food coop, 20 cents a pound, or something like that. I passed out more than once from low blood sugar.

My roommate was going to move in with me in September, but I was renting the apartment by myself to "hold it" for us. I spent most of my savings to do it. She changed her mind in August.

When I've written short stories, the female antagonist who always dies at the end is named Lisa, for this woman.

My roommate was going to move in with me in September, but I was renting the apartment by myself to "hold it" for us. I spent most of my savings to do it. She changed her mind in August.
I rented an apartment with an acquaintance, we got along well enough. After a bit, they decided it wasn't working and announced they were leaving. Good enough. The month came and went after the ultimatum. I asked for a pending departure date and was told they couldn't afford to leave.

I wouldn't afford to stay and was gone that weekend. Amazing how many issues that solved. Worth the hassle to me.

Another friend asked to join me. I REALLY didn't want a room mate and said it. I conceded and the bastard introduced me to my wife of 30 years. I'll get even with him one day. :lau

I rented an apartment with an acquaintance, we got along well enough. After a bit, they decided it wasn't working and announced they were leaving. Good enough. The month came and went after the ultimatum. I asked for a pending departure date and was told they couldn't afford to leave.

I wouldn't afford to stay and was gone that weekend. Amazing how many issues that solved. Worth the hassle to me.

Another friend asked to join me. I REALLY didn't want a room mate and said it. I conceded and the bastard introduced me to my wife of 30 years. I'll get even with him one day. :lau
Best story I've read this year, thanks. ❤️

Y'all are invited to my house on April 8, 2024 to watch the next total solar eclipse, which is going to be visible RIGHT OVER MY HOUSE! :celebrate

(it really is going to be visible here, but please don't everybody show up here, I don't really have room for you. But I WISH I did!)
The funny think is, I MIGHT actually be in Missouri in 2024 for vacation 😅

Back
Top Bottom