Things you wish you could say

Come on Trip, you'd have to be dumb as a stick to not be able to do my job.
One of the reasons I've made it 10 years is because I love the not having to think much aspect.
I understand this. But I'm quickly losing hope in humanity

One thing I wish I could say . . .

When people ask for the gender of their chickens, and everyone says that one of them is definitely a cockerel, and then the OP replies back and says they hope it is not a cockerel, and then they update the post like a week later with more pictures of the bird in question.

What is the point of asking something if you are going to immediately deny what everyone told you that is obviously true? And then updating again as if you still don't trust the people who comment . . . like, c'mon, your chickens aren't changing gender unless they have a hormone issue.

When people ask for the gender of their chickens, and everyone says that one of them is definitely a cockerel, and then the OP replies back and says they hope it is not a cockerel, and then they update the post like a week later with more pictures of the bird in question.

What is the point of asking something if you are going to immediately deny what everyone told you that is obviously true? And then updating again as if you still don't trust the people who comment . . . like, c'mon, your chickens aren't changing gender unless they have a hormone issue.
I get rather a kick from people who seem to think their sweet, overly friendly pullet suddenly "became" a cockerel .... how rude of that naughty bird!

Sometimes I think it means, "I hear you, but I really really hope you are wrong."

And then they post photos again later, hoping to learn that it really was a pullet, but aware that it might really be a cockerel, and wanting to get it confirmed more strongly before they force themself to do something about it.

It reminds me of "I really hope you are not coming down with a virus the day before we plan to leave on a family trip..." (I've had at least one miserable trip, and a different trip cancelled, because people got sick at the last minute. I really don't want to believe it might be true... But my wishes don't do any good, so I need to start changing plans to deal with what is actually happening.)

Back
Top Bottom