Thinking of hatching Leghorn buff orpington hybrid??? Anyone else have this mix?

chkncrazy

Songster
7 Years
Apr 23, 2017
Connecticut
So I really really love my leghorns!!!!! I've had chickens for 30 some-odd years I've had every breed under the sun.... And since I don't need two dozen eggs a day I settled on Just four white leghorns.... And let me tell you they pump out eggs like nobody's business.... Winter spring summer fall I got three to four eggs a day.... Well the twist is my local feed store was giving away 2 free buff orpington roosters.... And I was like no no...then I went home and thought about it and then I told a couple of my chicken people about it and one of my friends said he was going to go get just one so then I said you know what let me grab the other guy..... Brought him home since I've had him for 2 days he's been quite the gentleman with the ladies.... Hasn't caused a ruckus, and most importantly hasn't attacked me... And we live on 4 acres and I only heard him crow four times this morning so I'm thinking he might be a keeper .for now... Then I started thinking well I do have an incubator... I wanted to maybe hatch out some eggs with this cross anybody else have experience with buff orpington Leghorn crosses???? I would really appreciate the input especially on egg production.... color variations...

Thank you!!!
Also
P.s. I will post pics later on...my poor little 4lb leghorns look so funny next to this 10 lb fluffy buff orpington he he he he

Drats I'll have to post the video of the gang tomorrow!!!!!! they sure are a happy bunch

Attachments

• 48799.jpeg
    48799.jpeg
    712.7 KB · Views: 27
Only seeing him mount one girl so far but I'm pretty sure he's doing the job while I'm gone all day

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191106-153123_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20191106-153123_Photos.jpg
    704.1 KB · Views: 23
The other picture that posted earlier with a bunch of chickens is an old picture from years ago I have no idea how I posted it:lau:lau:barnie...... but the most recent picture with the for leghorns and the buff rooster is what I have now:wee

Come on guys anyone???? can't tell me no one has tried this cross before??? !!!!!!!.... Am I the only pioneer lol
Not orpington but I hatched leghorn/Ameraucana crosses last month. I can't tell you anything about egg production yet, but I can tell you these seem like exceptionally hardy, robust chicks, and considering the way the eggs were abused before and during incubation, they would have to be.
They are all white with black specks, as you might imagine. Assuming yours are white leghorns, all your chicks will be the same color as mine.

The pic is them at a week old.
20191016_145710.jpg

You would think they're all these years I would know how to edit my own threads which I don't...lol
Do you want to edit the thread or your posts in the thread? If it is an individual post, click on the little pencil at the bottom left of your post and it will pop up the dialog box allowing you to edit that post. If too much time has elapsed since you made the post, the pencil will not be there.

If you wish to edit something about the thread, go to your original post and click on Thread Tools above the first post. Again if too much time has passed, this will not be available.

If you want something changed after too much time has passed, contact a moderator.

Back
Top Bottom