This doesn't look like our other Cream Legbar chicks

Chicken lawyer

In the Brooder
May 18, 2022
Hi everyone!

We picked up 6 cream legbar pullets from Rural King. But when we got home, this one is the odd ball out. Any ideas what breed it is?

Attachments

• 20240229_022010.jpg
    20240229_022010.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240229_021950.jpg
    20240229_021950.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 17
Since Rural King uses Hoovers and Hoovers has their own "colored egg layers," and since you were expecting a blue egg layer, it really might be one of their mixes like "Prairie Bluebell," etc. etc. The names they give for their mixes.... :idunno If the waiting is too painful, I'd study the chick pics on Hoover's website........ I hope you report back and let us know when you know!

Since Rural King uses Hoovers and Hoovers has their own "colored egg layers," and since you were expecting a blue egg layer, it really might be one of their mixes like "Prairie Bluebell," etc. etc. The names they give for their mixes.... :idunno If the waiting is too painful, I'd study the chick pics on Hoover's website........ I hope you report back and let us know when you know!
That was our thought too. We scoured Hoovers but couldn't find any with the dots on their face. Not even the examples they're showing of the Prairie. So I guess we'll just wait and see. Was just curious if any one else had a similar one.

Back
Top Bottom