This site needs pictures of the different colors

You can check or un-check what ever you decide you want to keep or delete, history and cookies are the main thing if you surf alot and go many places, me i pretty much just come here so i do not have to delete anything very often.

Oh I had a boat load of history, cookies, etc so I just decided to get rid of all of it and let the cookies crumble where they fall. It was probably time to change all my passwords anyway. At any rate the smilies work and the computer is much faster.
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Arrrgh! I shouldn't have typed that! It's still doing it!
he.gif
But not that time.
th.gif
Or that time, I think I will go out and work on some new pens...

Your pictures of your BS boy are really nice, they would be a great addition, if that's OK?
clap.gif

If so, would you like me to watermark them SunBaked or something else??
I will have to take a look at your other photos, too...

*Do you have updated pictures of those cute chicks you asked about? They seem like they could be a very helpful addition for the Chick Chart (aside from the fact that they're just cute!!!!).

Last edited:
Thank you :) I have some better pictures of him if you'd like them. The ones I put up were just focused on wing shots.

I gave the babies with the white spots to my friend but I can get pictures of them from her. The chick Momma Jane hatched has a white spot on the top of his head also and half his crest feathers are pure white, it looks pretty cool. You can watermark them if you'd like.

New pictures of those babies would be excellent, if possible!
I like your BS pictures because they are unusual angles, but if you'd like me to post other pictures of your boy as well, that is fine too.
thumbsup.gif

Your feather-photo obsession (!) also got me thinking...
Do you (or anyone else out there) think pictures of feathers might be useful for peapeople to have for reference/to help with ID-ing peas?

We've had threads in which people posted feather pictures to support, for example, their opinion about a bird's sex, and maybe whether a bird was high percentage spaulding or green (not sure I am remembering correctly).

Heres pics of SunBaked's pretty babies
smile.png

He's 2 months in these pictures. I know this guy is a dark pied, but I'm uncertain how all his genes are supposed to be stated
hide.gif
. He carries the white eye gene, hes IB split to BS and split to pied. So that would make him an...IB white eyed dark pied? Hopefully Sunbaked will double check this and correct it if needed
big_smile.png

Close up of his teeeeny little white spot that I love so much. Its small, but those really are white feathers!
lol.png

And then his white flights.

This next one is also 2 months old. She also carries white eye, IB, BS and split to pied. So again, a IB white eyed dark pied?

Close up of her teeeny white spot
love.gif

And then her white flights

And then for the boy/girl data base...both at 2 months.
boy

girl

Sorry for the long post! But heres the above boy in one of SunBakeds posts as a new baby. It shows his white spot and also the washed out IB look that SunBakeds white eyes show as babies.
Heres the link in case the original photos are better then this cut/paste: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/863345/peafowl-color-chart-genetics-spreadsheet#post_13613756

And heres the same pair at 1 month. Girl on the left and boy on the right. Not very good pics...but included anyways...just in case they help!
big_smile.png

And...totally off topic...but this 'little' guy was in my yard when I went out to photograph the birds for this post so you guys get to see it too..lol. I think its bigger then my toe!
ep.gif

Quote: First of all: YIKES!
hide.gif

But mostly, thanks for the great pictures of your cute (obviously spoiled) babies!
wee.gif
wee.gif

I love those white spots, too.

Colors/patterns are really not my department, so I'm going to wait for someone to tell me what to call 'em before I post them (help!! someone!!).

Heres pics of SunBaked's pretty babies
smile.png

He's 2 months in these pictures. I know this guy is a dark pied, but I'm uncertain how all his genes are supposed to be stated
hide.gif
. He carries the white eye gene, hes IB split to BS and split to pied. So that would make him an...IB white eyed dark pied? Hopefully Sunbaked will double check this and correct it if needed
big_smile.png

Close up of his teeeeny little white spot that I love so much. Its small, but those really are white feathers!
lol.png

And then his white flights.

This next one is also 2 months old. She also carries white eye, IB, BS and split to pied. So again, a IB white eyed dark pied?

Close up of her teeeny white spot
love.gif

And then her white flights

And then for the boy/girl data base...both at 2 months.
boy

girl
Were both parents of these Peachicks carrying a copy of the Pied gene?

Back
Top Bottom