Three Silkies only one looks Different!

NuggetMama

Songster
Apr 20, 2022
Sierra Vista, Arizona
So I have three silkies that someone said was dna tested as all males (I have not heard from her since I got them…). Out of the three I have only one has pronounced wattles and a comb. Is that normal in their breed?

They are all six almost seven weeks old and I know from reading threads on here they are basically impossible to sex!

This is Lemon, he also has extremely blue ears!
IMG_0983.jpeg
IMG_0982.jpeg

This is Potato
IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

Last but not least this is Potata!
IMG_0979.jpeg
IMG_0978.jpeg

Potato and Potata are both shaped like little pears while Lemon is not pear shaped and looks rough because he is getting in more feathers haha but is top chick !

Could Lemon be a cross breed that I have to watch closer?

They're all crossbreed and look to be cockerels :/
oooooooooh okay. I was given them when they were 3 weeks old. So bachelor pad for them it is!

Will I be able to tell what they were crossed with when they get older ? Also will they remain tiny and semi floofy or am I going to have to worry of a sudden growth spurt .-. ?

They look like pretty typical hatchery quality silkies, not cross breeds. Potata could be a pullet.
I would be happy if Potata was a pullet. LOL I Love cuddling that little spud baby. He/She has such a sweet disposition. I was told that Potata hated to be handled and was a very skittish little thing while the other two were confident. Which after reading how chicks who are confident are normally the ones that are male.

Back
Top Bottom