Tile flooring?

Hi, has anyone used tile in the floor of their coop? If so, any thoughts on pros and cons? Would you recommend?

Are you thinking of installing ceramic tile or of converting an existing structure that already has a tile floor?

My main concern with an existing tile floor would be the likelihood that it would be slippery -- which could be fixed by keeping a thick layer of bedding on it.

I wouldn't tile a chicken coop floor on purpose -- it's expensive and time-consuming.

Are you thinking of installing ceramic tile or of converting an existing structure that already has a tile floor?

My main concern with an existing tile floor would be the likelihood that it would be slippery -- which could be fixed by keeping a thick layer of bedding on it.

I wouldn't tile a chicken coop floor on purpose -- it's expensive and time-consuming.
I have a lot of leftover tile and thought it might be a good use, but concerned about weight and added materials. But if other people recommended it I would probably go for it.

If you got it and want to try it then go for it but IMHO it's gonna be a hassle to lay the tile for very little if any benefits. I would try to include some kinda drain in the floor.
Good tip, thanks! And thanks for the honest thoughts, kinda leaning against it at this point

Back
Top Bottom