Time Frame for Pipped Egg

SunChick

Songster
12 Years
Feb 23, 2007
Bel Air, Maryland
What is the time frame for a pipped egg to finish hatching? I cannot seem to find this info anywhere! Thanks!
wink.png

only 24 before panic! LOL, panicking NOW, especially since it seems to me the membrane on one looks dry humidity at 78% now...lots of peeping, 6 pipped, some more than others...SIGH Alright I am going for a walk to stay away from the bator!
he.gif

24 hours is the average when everything else is right, that it is the hatch date, that the incubator temps were correct and stable.

I've had them pip two days before the hatch date and left them for that 48 hours. Usually the membrane has dried and they need assistance.

Actually I kept the temps and humidity pretty stable so proud of myself! Walk did some good, I missed the first one hatch! We heard Loud Peeping when we came in and found a very wet baby learning to find its feet! maybe the other one will get encouraged, though it looks like the membrane has pulled from the shell. Should I assist of leave be?
hmm.png

Good I guess!
jumpy.gif
Fussing over my eggs like a "mother hen"
D.gif
LOL. Cluck Cluck Cluck. You should have seen my DH and I earlier, both of us peeping in chorus to the chicks to encourage them. and here I was worried that DH would think I was loony! he pitched in right in to peep at them!
lau.gif
hee hee
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

UPDATE!! #1 hatched around 7pm last night, I woke to 4 peeps this a.m.and 1 still hatching. have another pipped so hopefully it will emerge later today. My salmon EEs are also starting to pip (they were set a day later) hurrah
cool.png
lol.png
big_smile.png
smile.png

Last edited:
Thats awsome!! congrats!
yippiechickie.gif
ya! Thats hillarious that your daughter and you has a peep fest.
gig.gif
Dont worry i do it everytime! im just too exited!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom