Toad Raising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I am actually going to do shipping chicks instead of eggs, It appears they have a better survival rate than an egg does. most the time.

They are very tolerable to work with if you have a solid plan.... Not so much fun if you are just loitering, waiting for an idea to come together.
lau.gif

Just a heads up, while FF works great for CX chickens it won't reduce the amount that they poop. What goes in must come out. But it will reduce the amount they eat overall and it will be more digested and smell better. So that's something. Not a big fan of how much mess CX make myself.

That was the point made by someone using it in another thread... though generally it does cut the food bill [in the non-gorging birds]. My daughter wants to raise CX and now our goal would be to raise Toads, also. It would be great to introduce to the younger generation an improved bird, as you have here.

Last edited:
That was the point made by someone using it in another thread... though generally it does cut the food bill [in the non-gorging birds]. My daughter wants to raise CX and now our goal would be to raise Toads, also. It would be great to introduce to the younger generation an improved bird, as you have here.

Please lets keep the thread on Toads and not CX's...

Week 1 4/3/2017 ___ Week 2 4/10/2017 ___Week 3 4/17/2017___Week 4 4/24/2017
Red 113g ............... 212g ....................440g//15.56 oz........739g/26.03 oz/1.6 lbs
Blue 100g .............. 196g ....................410g/14.46 oz ..........722g/25.47oz/1.59lbs
Green 109g ................ 203g ..................380g/13.40 oz............691g/21.80oz/1.36 lbs
Yellow 98g ................ 212g ...................422g/14.89 oz........717g/25.29 oz/1.58 lbs

CX Week 1_______Week 2 4/24/2017
Red ........95g...............189g
Blue ......111g ...............264g
Green .....91g...............214g
Yellow .....90g...............185g

I missed a week. I apologize. Life just got in the way. I did weigh the birds today. Both reds are males. I didn't really pay attention to the CX other than the red one. I think the rest are hens but not sure. Ms. Toad Green has the buff coloring and quite a bit of it too. It is light but coloring nonetheless. The Toads are now completely feathered with the exception of Mr. Red, he is missing some feathers just due to being male and feathering out slower. Here are this week stats.

Toads-week 6-5/8/2017

Red ...........1530g/53.97 oz/ 3.37 lbs
Blue...........1385g/48.80 oz/3.05 lbs
Green.........1335/47.05 oz/ 2.94 lbs
yellow. 1335/47.05 oz/ 2.94 lbs

Yellow and Green are both hens and growing the same now!

CX -week 4-5/8/2017

Red.......806g/28.50 oz/1.78 lbs
Blue......988g/34.81 oz/2.18 lbs
Green...857g/30.23 oz/1.89 lbs
Yellow...680g/24.06 oz/ 1.5 lbs

While I have one growing a bit slower than the rest at this point it does look like by the 4 week mark the CX have begun to grow faster than the Toads. The have begun rationed food access. I feed them in the morning and at night. They have 24/7 water and their grain is soaked.

I missed a week. I apologize. Life just got in the way. I did weigh the birds today. Both reds are males. I didn't really pay attention to the CX other than the red one. I think the rest are hens but not sure. Ms. Toad Green has the buff coloring and quite a bit of it too. It is light but coloring nonetheless. The Toads are now completely feathered with the exception of Mr. Red, he is missing some feathers just due to being male and feathering out slower. Here are this week stats.

Toads-week 6-5/8/2017

Red ...........1530g/53.97 oz/ 3.37 lbs
Blue...........1385g/48.80 oz/3.05 lbs
Green.........1335/47.05 oz/ 2.94 lbs
yellow. 1335/47.05 oz/ 2.94 lbs

Yellow and Green are both hens and growing the same now!

CX -week 4-5/8/2017

Red.......806g/28.50 oz/1.78 lbs
Blue......988g/34.81 oz/2.18 lbs
Green...857g/30.23 oz/1.89 lbs
Yellow...680g/24.06 oz/ 1.5 lbs

While I have one growing a bit slower than the rest at this point it does look like by the 4 week mark the CX have begun to grow faster than the Toads. The have begun rationed food access. I feed them in the morning and at night. They have 24/7 water and their grain is soaked.
great work!!

Moved the Toads outside with the CX this weekend. They have all learned that walking around is a good fun thing to do!

It is amazing how far they wander, Mine have started to intermingle with my layer flock. It drives Ed nuts. Ed is my grand daddy PC rooster I stopped using for breeding PC because of fertility problems. He has taken to acting as daycare teacher to the toads. When I let him out in the morning he heads right to the toads and watches over them all day long. He has always been good with chicks.

Today I have to go to Duluth for 10 hours or so, I have decided to let Ed watch over them and hope nothing gets at them when home alone. They are just too big to keep locked up all day.

MomOfMillions sent me a picture of her toads on their outing, They are looking really good and happy. She raises CX the right way too, they are out wandering...:thumbsup

It is amazing how far they wander, Mine have started to intermingle with my layer flock. It drives Ed nuts. Ed is my grand daddy PC rooster I stopped using for breeding PC because of fertility problems. He has taken to acting as daycare teacher to the toads. When I let him out in the morning he heads right to the toads and watches over them all day long. He has always been good with chicks.

Today I have to go to Duluth for 10 hours or so, I have decided to let Ed watch over them and hope nothing gets at them when home alone. They are just too big to keep locked up all day.

MomOfMillions sent me a picture of her toads on their outing, They are looking really good and happy. She raises CX the right way too, they are out wandering...:thumbsup

When you get home from Duluth, can you please show us the picture of Toads on their outing??:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom