Toulouse Geese Thread

I am located near the ohio/indiania border... I have 10 geese asking around $40 each but that price can fluctuate

I jut want to sell them instead of having I butcher them, there is hardly anyone with "show quaility" pilgrams (tv least in my area).... I just fear they will become a lost breed

Well Sting and Lydia are at it again. But this time it is different. I think the first time a month or so ago was just teenage petting. But this time it was true love. It is actually pretty to watch (not like duck rape at all). They got in the pool together, swam around in circles wrapping their necks around each other for a while, then Sting really sort of genteelly mounted Lydia, did the deed, then a little more circular swimming and neck wrapping, then out of the pool, flapping of wings and off to grab a bite of grains and grass.

I suspect part of the more serious affection is related to the "cold front" that has blown through the central and southern US overnight and having high temp in the high 60s instead of 100+. Anyway, I hope this continues and we have some grand-goslings before the real winter hits us in February/March.

Of course they could just be acting this way because they know I would be watching and get all excited for them...they really like to please me after all.

Well Sting and Lydia are at it again. But this time it is different. I think the first time a month or so ago was just teenage petting. But this time it was true love. It is actually pretty to watch (not like duck rape at all). They got in the pool together, swam around in circles wrapping their necks around each other for a while, then Sting really sort of genteelly mounted Lydia, did the deed, then a little more circular swimming and neck wrapping, then out of the pool, flapping of wings and off to grab a bite of grains and grass.

I suspect part of the more serious affection is related to the "cold front" that has blown through the central and southern US overnight and having high temp in the high 60s instead of 100+. Anyway, I hope this continues and we have some grand-goslings before the real winter hits us in February/March.

Of course they could just be acting this way because they know I would be watching and get all excited for them...they really like to please me after all.
Are you saying they know their dad is a peeping tom?
lol.png
mine could care less if anyone is watching or not, when Missy says come here big boy Sam is falling all over himself to make her happy. Just think what is going to happen when he has 3 girls saying that. He'll have to have a 2 week vacation after mating season is over.

I do like your rendition of geese mating though. So romantic
love.gif

lol.png
mine could care less if anyone is watching or not, when Missy says come here big boy Sam is falling all over himself to make her happy. Just think what is going to happen when he has 3 girls saying that. He'll have to have a 2 week vacation after mating season is over.

love.gif
They´re just so different to ducks aren´t they? So gentle.....

lol.png

love.gif
Actually it is just that the new goose pen is in direct line of site with my dining room window. I was sitting there having a cup of coffee and watching the geese. Feeling very much at peace with the world and a part of it as well with the overcast sky and the cool breezes. It was like watching a late 60's early 70's French or Italian art film. Now I think I will go see if I can find that old Michelle LeGrand album of the movie soundtrack for Les Parapluies de Cherbourg and just finish off this day.

Back
Top Bottom