Toulouse Geese Thread

Here she is today...my daughters gosling "Midna"

Can anyone who has experience hatching Toulouse tell me how many days it takes for their eggs to hatch? I keep getting mixed results from places I'm reading online. Some I'm finding say 28 days some say 30...?

Can anyone who has experience hatching Toulouse tell me how many days it takes for their eggs to hatch? I keep getting mixed results from places I'm reading online. Some I'm finding say 28 days some say 30...?

There are many more experienced people than me. But my eggs from a Toulouse hatched on day 28. Good luck with yours.
Linda

My 8 hatched beginning on the afternoon of day 28 and were done by day 29. On day 30 they were out with their parents grazing and by their second week they were playing in a little pool of water we put out for them.

Still so much to do before the goslings get here next month. Gotta get a kennel frame and cover, a new waterer, some starter feed, and set up a brooder. And man, when did waterers become so expensive? I'm sure most of you on here know this, but goslings are a pricey investment you guys.
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f630.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png

Still so much to do before the goslings get here next month. Gotta get a kennel frame and cover, a new waterer, some starter feed, and set up a brooder. And man, when did waterers become so expensive? I'm sure most of you on here know this, but goslings are a pricey investment you guys.
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f630.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
1f4b2.png
Actually, except for the initial cost, they will turn out to be less expensive the either chickens or ducks. For food, they need a place to graze. Geese are grazers. You can supplement that with a well balanced feed (mine won't touch the feed) as well as some chopped corn and oats for treats. Be careful with the corn, it will make them fat. For water, just a bucket with water in it deep enough for them to submerge their head to wash out their nostrils. And, while they don't have to have water to swim in a cheap kiddie pool will serve for that. They do like to get in water to bathe and to mate so the kiddie pool is sort of necessary.

Actually, except for the initial cost, they will turn out to be less expensive the either chickens or ducks. For food, they need a place to graze. Geese are grazers. You can supplement that with a well balanced feed (mine won't touch the feed) as well as some chopped corn and oats for treats. Be careful with the corn, it will make them fat. For water, just a bucket with water in it deep enough for them to submerge their head to wash out their nostrils. And, while they don't have to have water to swim in a cheap kiddie pool will serve for that. They do like to get in water to bathe and to mate so the kiddie pool is sort of necessary.
The initial costs are what I was referring to. I haven't raised geese in several years and my ducks and chickens are taking up the only 2 pens I have right now, so I had to go buy a new kennel. The chickens are using my only 2 waterers, so I gotta buy another one of those. The goslings are gonna get here from the hatchery in 4 weeks so I'm having to get all this stuff done now. I really shouldn't be complaining though. I could have waited until next year to get some goslings, but I couldn't help myself haha.

Hello everyone i am new to this website,i have 1 geese family,father mother and thier 3 kids they were all fine until i had to left for another city for 8 days and when i came back i noticed one of my gosling have injured eye can somebody help me and sorry for bad English

Hello everyone i am new to this website,i have 1 geese family,father mother and thier 3 kids they were all fine until i had to left for another city for 8 days and when i came back i noticed one of my gosling have injured eye can somebody help me and sorry for bad English
@daniyal25 Welcome to BYC.. Looks like an infection. what type of antibiotics can you get? You can try rinsing out the eye with a salt water solution 1/8 teaspoon of salt to 1 cup of warm water mix the salt in real well then pour over the eye. But I think the lil one needs more than just that although salt water will help. Some kind of antibiotic ointment with out pain relief Ophthalmic would be best ,here we can get Terramycin.

Back
Top Bottom