The black colored chick looks like it has muffs coming in so I would say it is an EE. I think they all look like they could be EEs personally. And I agree, none of them are screaming cockerel but they're still very young.

Welcome to BYC, OP!

Oh how cool! Do you have any pictures of her??
20230104_150243.jpg

Middle one

Sorry it took me a minute but this is the first lil chick in question the black one! I got them from TS March 1 so to my knowledge they are around 2 weeks old maybe it seems so young for a comb and this one is so much larger than the others! Thank you all for taking the time to respond!

Also while I’m here haha has anyone ever had an all yellow Easter egger chick? I’m thinking she may also but a different breed but I don’t know what any thoughts?
Yes, several. A few years ago I bred some white EE's so they we4re yellow as chicks and I presently have two hens, blue splashed whites with greenish legs and pea combs that I'm assuming are some type of EE as they lay blue eggs. They were yellow as chicks.

Isn’t there a breed that the white spot on the top of the head means male? I could be wrong but I’ve been doing a lot of scrolling and reading up since I got my chickens and I thought I read that somewhere

Isn’t there a breed that the white spot on the top of the head means male? I could be wrong but I’ve been doing a lot of scrolling and reading up since I got my chickens and I thought I read that somewhere
I am new here but wanted to chime in since I was given 28 straight run Barred Rocks who were one day old. I think they are considered to be one of the easiest to sex. Both have white on their head. The spot on a male will go more down the neck, on a female the spot is usually smaller and more on top of the head. As they get older the males have lighter colored legs in the front and new wing tips are lighter. I was able to tell that I had 12 females and 16 males, thankfully I was able to give back 15 of the males!! 20230519_180909.jpg
Just home and in the brooder
20230630_150637.jpg
The 3 that are grouped at the feeder are 2 males and a female, on the left.
20230519_191309.jpg
This male became my favorite and I named him Roo Roo, he is now 6 weeks and pictured in my avatar.

Hope this was helpful information!

Back
Top Bottom