Training rooster to fight or to run away

badboyk1n9

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
I bought a rooster, Kuroiler, and I was free ranging him, His Brother was their too, with one of my RIR Hen, Just then an Aseel rooster jumped into action,and killed the kuroilers brother in One shot( I think he broke his neck), And the Kuroiler I was talking about at the beginning of the thread wasn't evn giving a shit until he was attacked too, luckily I saved both my hen and him, Now I would like him to train him to fight or train him to run away upon seeing the rooster, any suggestions?

Is it your Aseel rooster? I’d cull him. Rather then changing the actions of the one that is peaceful and nice, get rid of the one that is causing the problems.

Is it your Aseel rooster? I’d cull him. Rather then changing the actions of the one that is peaceful and nice, get rid of the one that is causing the problems.
Nope, its not mine, that's why I want my kroiler to fight for himself or to run away, I would not be available their for him, all the time, Their is also an Old English Game rooster, and he went swoosh, buck, kaack, leep and then goes in peace with him, but the Asil Rooster preferbly is the Germany here, who doesn't want peace with anybody :,-( .

Training them to run is not possible, that is a learned trait. Once the rooster loses a fight to the other one a few times, he will naturally run and stay out of his territory. He will also learn to be scared of his crowing sound and avoid it.

If there is a way you can scare the other rooster away repeatedly, he may back away from the territory. Chase it away with a stick repeatedly might help.

In peru where i live they train them to fight by bringing them face to face with another rooster every day. If you have another rooster, you can hold one rooster in front until they make eye contact, and they should stare each other down and square up to fight. Chickens practice this from the time they are babies with their brothers up to adults. I still have three brothers that are fully grown that fight every day, but they arent really fighting, just practicing.

Training them to run is not possible, that is a learned trait. Once the rooster loses a fight to the other one a few times, he will naturally run and stay out of his territory. He will also learn to be scared of his crowing sound and avoid it.

If there is a way you can scare the other rooster away repeatedly, he may back away from the territory. Chase it away with a stick repeatedly might help.

In peru where i live they train them to fight by bringing them face to face with another rooster every day. If you have another rooster, you can hold one rooster in front until they make eye contact, and they should stare each other down and square up to fight. Chickens practice this from the time they are babies with their brothers up to adults. I still have three brothers that are fully grown that fight every day, but they arent really fighting, just practicing.
:hmm, k bro thank you <3

Are you able to keep your rooster in a pen to keep him safe? That would probably be the best choice.

If you cannot completely pen him up, maybe you can at least make your rooster a place where he can eat and sleep and spend time, where the Aseel rooster won't see him. Out-of-sight could be on the other side of your house or behind a building or under a bush or something like that.

If your rooster tried to fight for himself, he might lose, and then he would be hurt or killed anyway (like his brother). Running away and then staying away would be safer for your rooster, but I don't know how to teach him that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom