Traveling gossling

But she's leaving for vacation so it'll be left in the incubator to starve and die. I say your best bet is to bring the heating lamp with you and try to keep the eggs as warm it's supposed to be. Or you can try to bring the incubator with you with all the eggs. Don't forget the duck needs to eat.
Thank you. I plan on bringing feed.

And do not leave it in the incubator at home it can only survive a day without water. I say you bring a heating lamp and a mister in your car and leave the egg in a cushioned container that you can leave on your lap.
Thank you I have not thought of a container. That’s a good idea.

I vote for waiting till hatch is over to go away then have someone come in and care for the little gosling and Call ducklings . If you really want this gosling to hatch then wait until after hatch to go away.
This trip can’t really be canceled, which is hard cause I would rather do that. But I really want the gosling to like me because I have a bunch of ducks that just never really have liked me other than when they were little and I’m scared that if someone else takes care of it, it won’t like me.

It won't like you when it dies in the car. Don't go on the trip. Or leave it to hatch on its own and leave food and water in the incubator for it and hope for the best.
I don’t know if you saw but I have call duck eggs in the incubator so I can’t bring it or leave the gosling in there because it will move around all the other eggs. Any other ideas?😊

I don’t know if you saw but I have call duck eggs in the incubator so I can’t bring it or leave the gosling in there because it will move around all the other eggs. Any other ideas?😊
How long are you gone for. Chicks move eggs around in the incubator fairly often so if its not too long it should be fine. I had one chick hatch that was a bulldozer who I had to take out early as they knocked around all the eggs. He was insane. Hatch turned out fine, but I only let him do that for about a day.

Also don't take it too harshly that everyone is telling you this is a bad idea. It is great that you are asking questions and looking for advice on what to do.

Back
Top Bottom