Treat recipes for chickens, dogs, parakeets, ECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garjzla

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 28, 2014
Oregon
I am making treats A LOT since it's Easter! And I want to post lots of my recipes, they usually turn out perfect, and I want to share it! I just made some today, and for my dogs, they were a hit!

A chicken treat recipe:

Chicken Tarts:

Mix about a cup and 1/2 of flour (whole wheat recommended) and about 1/2 of water, or put a random amount until you get a mold-able dough, it really doesn't matter.
Then, once mixed, get two eggs and just plop the yolk AND egg whites in there, and mix!
Put about 1 cup of sugar in, 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla , a handful of oats, and mix.
You can also add honey!
Then 2 teaspoons of brown sugar, and you should be done with your cookie dough textured mix!
Now put it in a ziploc bag, and cut the tip of the bag of, make it a decent sized hole. Or you could form the things with your hands.

Form plump circles with a shallow hole in the middle, and now, get a small bowl, spoon, and make the frosting!

Put two heaping spoonfuls of white sugar in the bowl, then put a heaping spoonful of flour (bleached flour highly recommended) and mix.
You are welcome to taste any of this, it's edible for humans and tastes great! Though remember, it's for your chickens, not you! lol
Once that's fully mixed, add a little bit of water, and them get some whole milk, and fill it's cap full two times, and pour the cap fulls of milk into the mixture.
Mix really well, and then get food coloring, any color, and put about 4 drops of coloring in the mix, mix well.

Now you can put the frosting into the shallow part of the circles, fill the holes in the tarts with the frosting, and then put the cookies in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees, and check often!

Once you take them out, quickly take them off the pan and put them on a plate, put the plate in the fridge to cool for a few hours, then take them out, microwave them (or heat them up another way) for a few seconds until warm and serve them to your chickens!

I will be posting these recipes often! Tell me what you think!

Last edited:
No one should make these as they contain sugar, which is dangerous to animals.

For a healthier treat that they'll love just as much, feed your flock things like fruit and dried mealworm. :)

I can assure you and everyone else that if you don't give these to your chickens daily that it will be fine.
Stop saying bad stuff about things that are safe, please.

Last edited:
Sugar is not safe.

I know that if you only give them these treats every once and a while that it is perfectly safe. This thread was not made for people who don't think this is safe, because it is.

Last edited:

Chicken cream puffs! Though they didn't turn out great, so I'll have to try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom