Treats for goats?

I made oatmeal - quaker oats old fashioned... it was what I had... it was costco so it's not as ridiculous in price as it may sound, and I don't do it often cause, then I have to admit to making oatmeal for goats. Anyways, 1 cup quaker oats, three cups water, cooked like for people, add brown sugar to preference and 1 cup plain greek yogurt with active cultures after it cools. I put it in the fridge and usually get a second serving out of it. We're bouncing back from a bad bout with bloat/ acidosis. One of the girls will eat it by the mouthful, the other I can't get her to eat oatmeal spiked with yogurt.

Everyone loves cherios.

I made oatmeal - quaker oats old fashioned...  it was what I had...  it was costco so it's not as ridiculous in price as it may sound, and I don't do it often cause, then I have to admit to making oatmeal for goats.  Anyways, 1 cup quaker oats, three cups water, cooked like for people, add brown sugar to preference and 1 cup plain greek yogurt with active cultures after it cools.  I put it in the fridge and usually get a second serving out of it.  We're bouncing back from a bad bout with bloat/ acidosis.  One of the girls will eat it by the mouthful, the other I can't get her to eat oatmeal spiked with yogurt.   

Everyone loves cherios. 
You should offer baking soda free choice for your goats to help prevent digestive upsets and acid stomachs, as well all limiting grain to a small amount. Goats need lots of roughage to keep their digestion working smoothly.

That's how I learned what not to do. You do have to watch what you're feeding them. Glad they are doing better. I personally don't vaccinate, but would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom