Trying to determine what time to set the eggs so that most of hatching will be during school hours..

4boysmom

Songster
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
I have only been hatching 1x per year the last couple of years and can't remember what time of day I set the eggs so that most of the eggs will hatch while the kids are at school. I am considering staggering the time of day that I put the eggs in so that there will be some hatching all day. Any opinions?

I have only been hatching 1x per year the last couple of years and can't remember what time of day I set the eggs so that most of the eggs will hatch while the kids are at school.    I am considering staggering the time of day that I put the eggs in so that there will be some hatching all day.    Any opinions?
I think that is the best option!

WOW ---- You have got it down to the time of day? That's amazing. I could pin it down to the day, but because of variations in heat or eggs, I wouldn't think time of day could be achieved. I do know if I set on Saturday, they hatch on Saturday if everything is set correctly. Getting them to hatch Monday - Friday would simply be setting Monday - Friday, but getting them to hatch day or night is quite a trick.

Back
Top Bottom