TULSA area Cluckers

Hi everyone! Just found you all. Hope you don't mind me coming in. I live in Kellyville and I have 9 hens currently. I'm dying to get more in the spring, but I need a bigger coop and have NO idea how to build one. I've had chickens pretty much my whole life. Love them! Looking forward to meeting local people with chickens. Do you all ever meet up in person?

Welcome!!!! I have met @lonnyandrinda but I don't think I have met anyone else. I am in Tulsa. They do try to get together at least 2-3 times a year. And there are always chicken auctions you can bump into BYCrs at. Just leave the plastic money card at home because auctions are a bit addiction enabling.

If you are looking into building coops, you can look at a lot of designs and pictures for ideas on the https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coops page. You can keep it as simple as you want or get fancy. As long as it is a nice structure to shelter from the wind, easy to clean, and keeps them safe from preditors that is what matters.

We don't have chickens right now. But looking at restarting our flock in January. I live in Tulsa, so I can only have 6, but I keep wanting more. lol.

Nice to meet you!! I'm Angela and I really hope to get to meet you some time.

Be sure to check out the Okies on BYC thread in the forums too!

Hi everyone! Just found you all. Hope you don't mind me coming in. I live in Kellyville and I have 9 hens currently. I'm dying to get more in the spring, but I need a bigger coop and have NO idea how to build one. I've had chickens pretty much my whole life. Love them! Looking forward to meeting local people with chickens. Do you all ever meet up in person?

Welcome! I'm not far from you. I live in the Olive/Bristow area. This is my first year with this fantastic group. There is a big get together in May and we join up at auctions and swaps. And last weekend, at a poultry show.

We got to get you more chickens!

Thanks @lonnyandrinda I am not giving up. It is just frustrating that this is the 2nd time this has happened. I am trying one more time. One more time yeah right. Anyway.

I saw you got a new home! Yay!!! That is awesome. How is the electrical poultry netting working? I would like to use that around the perimeter inside the fence to keep out unwanted visitors. I have a feeling that our gate has become a pathway for the neighborhood kids when we are not home. Our house backs up to the park and has a front and back gate. We need to replace our entire perimeter fence and the electrical netting would be a nice addition just inside the fenceline.

@Custom Coop I love your coops. They are very nice.

I am looking at restarting our flock in January. I can technically only have 6, but ya know that might get pushed a bit. lol.

Thanks @lonnyandrinda I am not giving up. It is just frustrating that this is the 2nd time this has happened. I am trying one more time. One more time yeah right. Anyway.

I saw you got a new home! Yay!!! That is awesome. How is the electrical poultry netting working? I would like to use that around the perimeter inside the fence to keep out unwanted visitors. I have a feeling that our gate has become a pathway for the neighborhood kids when we are not home. Our house backs up to the park and has a front and back gate. We need to replace our entire perimeter fence and the electrical netting would be a nice addition just inside the fenceline.

@Custom Coop I love your coops. They are very nice.

I am looking at restarting our flock in January. I can technically only have 6, but ya know that might get pushed a bit. lol.

The electric poultry netting is working well. I just wish the battery lasted longer. When we have rain, snow, or heavy frost I'm having to charge it twice per week. We bought a solar panel at TSC to attach and help it last longer but haven't gotten it put up yet. We bought 3 fencing sections from Premier1 and about 15 extra poles, plus the charger system and battery. I think including shipping it costed just over $700 to get it all. It covers about 1/2 acre. It was very easy to put up but took a couple rounds to figure out how to tighten it properly.

All in all I'm glad we are settling in. The house isn't everything I was hoping for but it's livable. Now we have GOT to get our old house on the market- last minute projects are taking FOREVER!.

We dug down about 2" and 2' out on each side along the gate line and buried a 4' tall piece of 2"x4" welded wire centered on the gate so critters can't dig in/dogs can't dig out.

The new property has a small pond and in the treeline behind the pond a seasonal creek. It's dry now.

The property looked a lot bigger before we had it brush hogged!

At least the kitchen is newly remodeled!

Fireplace is propane only- chimney is sealed off. :(

Wellhouse and tornado shelter on the left.

The only storage outbuilding is this barn. I think the only thing salvageable is the telephone pole corners. Not looking forward to this project.

Home sweet home!

Now if we could just get all the chicken pens built! They are sharing pens now which is OK until they start laying again. Lost 2 so far from flying over the fence but the stupid bird netting is too hard to work with by myself to get the pens covered.

Thank you @NotSuperWoman We appreciate that you like our coops! We Build Storage Sheds and other Animal Enclosures

Last edited:
@Custom Coop I really like the red, white and blue dog house.... :)

We just built our chicken coop, but will need a shed soon. You are welcome to come give us a quote for a shed later in spring/summer.

Thanks everyone! Will you all announce on here when the swaps are? I don't know how to find out about them. I would LOVE to attend one, but it might be dangerous! Looking forward to meeting you all!
Here are a couple pics of my girls:
[/IMG][/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom