Kennakinz99

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 26, 2017
I have this unique case. My turkey is wild. My family decided to grab her from the wild and she was passed off to me. I have raised quail and chickens. I trained my dogs to not hurt Quinney (the turkey). For the most part she has been entirely indoors and now is outdoors. She is bigger now and I find that she attacked my dog. I assume because he went into "her territory" and she's just defending or something. But I don't know how to retrain her to not attack my dogs who know they can't fight back. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20170923_080129057.jpg
    IMG_20170923_080129057.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 10
Turkeys are territorial but can learn to get along with dogs! I used to feed my turkeys with my dogs so they can interact and I can watch to make sure they are getting along. Turkeys love dry dog food! The more time you spend with watching over them they will learn to get along..

My turkey is wild. My family decided to grab her from the wild
If you are in the United States, you are in illegal possession of a Wild turkey. Every state has its own rules but no state allows the taking and possession of a live wild turkey. Most states, if not all states, require a permit for possession of Wild turkeys that are obtained legally.

Back
Top Bottom