Two Air Sacs? - Problematic Shipped Eggs

_Featherian

Chirping
Mar 5, 2024
Hello, I recently bought 10 ayam cemani eggs. Today is day 12, and they are all developing…

..But some of them seem to have gotten something wrong, a night after I added them some humidity, since it was running out of that.

Before I added them humidity, they looked fine, but after that, some of them had two air sacs, or maybe one? But they didn’t before… Just see the photos below and tell me what’s wrong. Could this be from the shipping of a 4 hours ride, or the humidity level rising fast, or something else??

7CC42381-32EE-424B-AA37-D7CE34828B76.jpeg

FEEE80CA-CDC5-4310-8523-58F790A0774D.jpeg

B55087DE-EAF2-4BC7-B9B3-311EA8996D8F.jpeg

EDEEA9C9-DBE9-43CB-BC06-51C72E09F68A.jpeg

Last edited:
Did you let them rest pointy side down for 12 to 24 hours before putting in incubator? My eggs I got shipped said to do that and they only went 2 hours. Otherwise yes it doesn't look right. I think I could see a blood ring which means it's quit developing. But it's hard to see in pictures. I would use a pencil and trace air sac to watch development that way too

Did you let them rest pointy side down for 12 to 24 hours before putting in incubator? My eggs I got shipped said to do that and they only went 2 hours. Otherwise yes it doesn't look right. I think I could see a blood ring which means it's quit developing. But it's hard to see in pictures. I would use a pencil and trace air sac to watch development that way too
Yes, I did keep them out for 24 hours. But there’s no way there could be a blood ring, if all the eggs are moving inside, right??

Yes, I did keep them out for 24 hours. But there’s no way there could be a blood ring, if all the eggs are moving inside, right??
Like with the light you see it moving? When egg is held completely still? I'm a beginner at this all too I'm hoping by us keeping it in the new feed someone will help that knows more. It is the weekend so not as many people on here answering. I would trace the air sac with a pencil and wait a few days and candle again. Humidity is really important in just the right amounts. Do you have a humidity gage inside the incubator? I trusted my machine once and after calibrating it I realized it was 20 off. I dehydrated them only so many hatched. I was very sad.

Like with the light you see it moving? When egg is held completely still? I'm a beginner at this all too I'm hoping by us keeping it in the new feed someone will help that knows more. It is the weekend so not as many people on here answering. I would trace the air sac with a pencil and wait a few days and candle again. Humidity is really important in just the right amounts. Do you have a humidity gage inside the incubator? I trusted my machine once and after calibrating it I realized it was 20 off. I dehydrated them only so many hatched. I was very sad.
Yes, with the light, and it was moving by itself.

What’s humidity gage??

It's called "saddling" of the air cell, which is quite common from all of the commotion that happens during shipping - even shorter distances. I've had plenty successfully hatch with saddled air cells. I will say that sometimes the embryo can "hide" in the middle when you have saddled air cells like that, so be careful with discards. It's possible that you just can't see them.

Back
Top Bottom