Tylan 50 injection dosage

Chris Hernandez

Chirping
May 17, 2017
Hi I have about 6 or 7 hens suck with some sort I respiratory infection, (bubbly eyes, mucus, raspy voice/breathing, and eyes a little swollen on some of them) I bought some Tylan 50 with some syringes but I’m not sure how much to give them or where to inject them, my syringes are in mL so it would be great if you tell me the dosage in mL. The hens not very old but they’re not babies at the same time (they just started to lay eggs). I would think they’re like 4-5 pounds, but I’ll have to check. Please get back to me on any info on how much Tylan I give them or where to inject them, Thank You.

Last edited:
This is from our resident expert @casportpony in an older thread:
MackChicks said:
What is the dosage for injectable Tylan 50? We have 2 adult hens and a pullet hen. Also, how long do we treat them and how long do we have to wait to consume the eggs?
Thanks everyone!
Tylan 50 injectable can be given 1/4 ml for a bantam, 1/2 ml for a small chicken under 5 lb, and 1 ml to a chicken 5 lb and over, once or twice and day for 3-5 days. If given orally, I would use it twice a day, and as an injection into the bresat muscle, once a day. Use a 22 gauge needle, and inject only 1/4 inch into breast muscle, alternating sides daily. Egg withdrawal time is 1 days for oral Tylan and 7 days for the injectable.

MackChicks said:
What is the dosage for injectable Tylan 50? We have 2 adult hens and a pullet hen. Also, how long do we treat them and how long do we have to wait to consume the eggs?
Thanks everyone!
Tylan 50 injectable can be given 1/4 ml for a bantam, 1/2 ml for a small chicken under 5 lb, and 1 ml to a chicken 5 lb and over, once or twice and day for 3-5 days. If given orally, I would use it twice a day, and as an injection into the bresat muscle, once a day. Use a 22 gauge needle, and inject only 1/4 inch into breast muscle, alternating sides daily. Egg withdrawal time is 1 days for oral Tylan and 7 days for the injectable.
Ok thank you so much.

MackChicks said:
Thanks everyone!
@casportpony can you give the injectable Tylan orally?

MackChicks said:
Thanks everyone!
Hmmm, I don't think I wrote that. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom