Uh oh! Washing misfits!

EweSheep

Flock Mistress
14 Years
Jan 12, 2007
Land of Lincoln
Well I made the biggest boo boo for my year and half old washing machine, front loader, by using Tide that is not specifically for E machines. What a mess! The display said SUDS and I stopped the machine, scooped out the ever lathering suds and tried again. Still sudsy.

Took all the towels out of there and tried again, running it without any clothes in it. OK, runs fine.

Then threw all the stuff back in, uh oh, sudsy again. Stopped and pulled out all the towels out. Cleaned the suds out from the bowels and under the rubber seals...wow, that much suds! Almost like egg white meringue texture.

So I put in a few towels last night, all is well.

then put a few more towels this morning using Express wash of 30 minutes.

So far so good, machine is running fine.

Any one have suggestions? I sure hope it does not happen again and will keep an extra look out for HE detergents on the bottle of Tide. For my sake, if it does happen again, would I ruin the machine? Any "antedote" I can use to kill the suds? I am sure I have an extra bottle of Tide that isn't HE so is it possible for me to still use it than 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup or 1/8 cup?????

I noticed it does not use that much water....its a wonder how it got so sudsy!

Maybe some vinegar would work.Make some suds in the sink and see what breaks it down fast. I use TREND HE detergent.The cheapest I can find at under $5 for a huge jug.If I had the money I would be getting the Tide coldwater. Once dh came home with free jugs of an expensive detergent a company did not take(load) due to some dents.Oh boy that was a good day for me!

I did the suds things once too.Pretty much had to lessen the load and wash a few times at a time like you did.There is probalby something in the booklet for this,but I have no idea where mind is.

So far so good! Phew! I thought I ruined my machine! Crossing fingers!

How do you all like the "pods" detergents? I have the Purex kind and love the ease and no need to eyeball the amount of detergent. But it is just for towels however on soiled clothes it didn't get them as clean like Tide does.

Maybe I should try a bag of the Tide detergent pods and see how it works.

Ran out of vinegar....gotta go to the store and get more.

I don't buy the HE detergent for my machine, I just use a 1/3 to 1/2 of what it calls for and it works fine (tide has the most suds of any I have tried). I use vinegar for my fabric softener compartment as well. I have done this for several years with no issues with my machine
idunno.gif

I don't buy the HE detergent for my machine, I just use a 1/3 to 1/2 of what it calls for and it works fine (tide has the most suds of any I have tried). I use vinegar for my fabric softener compartment as well. I have done this for several years with no issues with my machine  :idunno

That's what I do, vinger also softens the clothes by getting out excess soap.

Didnt have the gallon sized vinegar at Menards which I had to use the rebate check....so will check with my local grocery store later. I did buy the Tide pods and Ffresh tablets, just to see how well it works.

With the offending towels that gave me the sudsy fits, finally got thru that batch and in dryer now.

I put the washer on, using the Fresh tablets, good for mistakes like that. I will see about that when the cycle is done and I will need to start washing more clothes.

For dishsoap in a dishwasher, my appliance guy says to add some cooking oil. No idea on a front load washer

Back
Top Bottom