UK Member Please Say HI

Does anyone know if we're still allowed to sell birds, with the bird flu restrictions? I've set quite a few duck eggs in the incubator, with the intention to sell most of them, but that was before they announced the extension on the lockdown.....

Such a waste :(

It sure is :(

if the owner has anything to do with it they shouldn't be aloud to keep any animals again

For sure but there seems to be no answer yet to who did what :/

Does anyone know if we're still allowed to sell birds, with the bird flu restrictions? I've set quite a few duck eggs in the incubator, with the intention to sell most of them, but that was before they announced the extension on the lockdown.....

I'm guessing not as fur and feather markets/auctions and shows are all cancelled but I'm not totally sure :idunno

I've just spent ages reading through all of the info on Avian Influenza on DEFRAs website, and there wasn't anything saying that I couldn't. It does say that you can't if you live in a Prevention or Surveillance zone (and I'm not) so I think I'll risk it, and on my local poultry sell and seek are still selling......

I find most government websites or information very hard work :/

Maybe it is ok then if your local is still selling. Our local fur & feather has all been cancelled for now but then again that is a big coming together of birds and not just the odd one's here and there.

@DancingWthDucks what ducks are u selling

Welsh Harelquins :)

I find most government websites or information very hard work :/

Maybe it is ok then if your local is still selling. Our local fur & feather has all been cancelled for now but then again that is a big coming together of birds and not just the odd one's here and there.

Agreed! They are so complicated to read through.

Last edited:
I need him so he can keep me in check otherwise I would have a menagerie!
gig.gif

I have my bedroom back-apart from 4 cats!! Jackie is well and enjoyed scratching around with her mates today.

I plan to have a menagerie ha ha ha.

Hugs xx

Back
Top Bottom