UltraKibble

Happy to say she came right down and was happy to get back in with here sister and brother. She stood at the water pan drinking for about 15 minutes. We had high winds and a little rain so I doubt she enjoyed her night much, haha!!!

It's come to point I can't keep the UK available....the birds are eating it immediately upon it being served. I want to taste one, LOL!!!! Ordered another 4 - 15 lb bags to be shared between myself and a friend. He has a giant aviary that looks like a huge bird cage. I think the TS manager said they are now carrying the small bags. I'm thinking about getting some hanging feeders. The ants are starting to show up. I've heard many just hang buckets but I've not been able to find any shallow enough. Do most of you use the commercial hanging feeders? Thanks in advance.

Happy to say she came right down and was happy to get back in with here sister and brother. She stood at the water pan drinking for about 15 minutes. We had high winds and a little rain so I doubt she enjoyed her night much, haha!!!

It's come to point I can't keep the UK available....the birds are eating it immediately upon it being served. I want to taste one, LOL!!!! Ordered another 4 - 15 lb bags to be shared between myself and a friend. He has a giant aviary that looks like a huge bird cage. I think the TS manager said they are now carrying the small bags. I'm thinking about getting some hanging feeders. The ants are starting to show up. I've heard many just hang buckets but I've not been able to find any shallow enough. Do most of you use the commercial hanging feeders? Thanks in advance.
Good to know she came in. How long have you had fireants? I hate those things. They are so destructive- possibly the only animal I could imagine as being evil. I'd hang the feeders over large water troughs filled with wood ashes and De with cinnamon powder.

Please let me know when you start to see any changes in facial skin colouration- gloss in plumage- and if there have been any changes in the droppings. Also, Green Peafowl should have substantially more kibble in a mixed ration than Indian Peafowl.

My TSC is ordering the big bag for me at cost of 34.99 a bag.

It's difficult to do for certain but once you have kibble, I strongly recommend that you cut back upwards of 25% of of the total dry food put out each day. This means the birds will have less to eat in front of them all day, unless you put out some kale and celery, heads of lettuce- old bananas- bulky filler food that's fun to peck at and eat. Just try to have the discipline- to keep the birds on a clean system. Don't over feed--remember- birds have hollow bones and weigh next to nothing because it suits their way of life. Your traditional crumbles and soft gamebird/turkey/lay pellets - the birds eat them and their pulverized ingredients dissolve immediately in the crop. The birds are constantly hungry when fed traditional pellets as there's nothing to them- . You can always keep a big bowl of milo or oats or millet out for satiation if you're concerned that your birds will feel hungry having so little food in front of them. Soaked chick peas-- cooked sweet potatos- that's what you can leave out during the day- only putting out as much dry feed ration for the birds to consume in a few hours. A single teaspoon of kibble per day per bird is all the nutrition they'll need for upwards of 8 hours or so. Other food stuffs like scratch and greens etc are fed as bulk. If you keep your birds a little hungry they'll be healthier in the long run. Helping them stay busy is a behavioral enrichment issue and feed shouldn't be the most stimulating thing in their lives. Keeping the birds on limited feed intake enables the kibble to work at its best-on a clean system- This ends up saving quite a lot in feed as the birds eat less and what they do eat- other than the kibble is fairly inexpensive- - as you don't need much kibble that bag should last quite a long while depending on how many birds you're feeding and what species they are- what age stage and so on.

The idea is to optimize nutrition while saving money on feed but that can only happen when you have the discipline to cut way back on how much feed you put out and how often.

I just wanted to let folks know that I get Ultrakibble at my local Aubuchon Hardware. They order it for me @ $22.99 for 15 lbs with FREE shipping to the store. I believe it may be going up to $24.99-- but still free shipping :) Worth checking into.

Resolution, it is very hard to get used to the idea of not keeping food available to the peas all the time. When you say a teaspoon is all they need for 8 hours then for a full 24 hours in a day would they need 3 teaspoons? I have feed here so am still keeping feed available in the pens with ultra kibble in the pan as well. They always finish up the Ultrakibble so I add more. With Breeding Season coming up we're suppose to change to a Gamebird Breeder Ration. Does UK replace their need for it??

It is pouring down rain.......we've gotten so much lately the ground cover is going to swallow our 5 acres. I need a couple hair sheep but afraid to take on more critters to care for.

Abundantwife, that's an excellent price. I'm paying $24.95 at Tractor Supply but read someone is paying $10 more. Guess TS prices are different in other parts of the US. What are you adding the UK to? For chickens? peafowl? ??

Resolution, it is very hard to get used to the idea of not keeping food available to the peas all the time. When you say a teaspoon is all they need for 8 hours then for a full 24 hours in a day would they need 3 teaspoons? I have feed here so am still keeping feed available in the pens with ultra kibble in the pan as well. They always finish up the Ultrakibble so I add more. With Breeding Season coming up we're suppose to change to a Gamebird Breeder Ration. Does UK replace their need for it??

It is pouring down rain.......we've gotten so much lately the ground cover is going to swallow our 5 acres. I need a couple hair sheep but afraid to take on more critters to care for.

Abundantwife, that's an excellent price. I'm paying $24.95 at Tractor Supply but read someone is paying $10 more. Guess TS prices are different in other parts of the US. What are you adding the UK to? For chickens? peafowl? ??
ONE teaspoon of feed for 8 hrs......good way to kill some peafowl....

ONE teaspoon of feed for 8 hrs......good way to kill some peafowl....

goodpost.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom