Ultramarine

You had to go through all that? My greens get one vet inspection in germany and then off to miami intl they go.
Avian influenza held them up once then we lost the quarantine date in FL and had to reschedule that then the Netherlands had another outbreak and had to quarantine again. Yes, they have been tested three times, quarantined twice and will have to be once again when they get to Florida.

Avian influenza held them up once then we lost the quarantine date in FL and had to reschedule that then the Netherlands had another outbreak and had to quarantine again. Yes, they have been tested three times, quarantined twice and will have to be once again when they get to Florida.

Wow, that's a lot of hurdles you jumped through!

How do they get to you in Kansas from Florida after they are done in Quarantine?

Thank you for being willing to go through all that to bring the color into the country

Hybrid with Afropavo Congensis ... where can I get more information?

congo 7.jpg

It would be easier to pull my own teeth than go through this again. The birds have already gone through two quarantine periods in the Netherlands because of AI and will go through one more when they hit Florida. With a little luck I should have them before the end of March.
Goodness. And I know all that is hard on them. I have friends in the small birds/aviculture world who have imported birds that go through quarantine. It would seem that the facilities don't go out of their way to care for the animals. One of the last imports of some really rare doves and some other stuff resulted in like five or six birds making it out of 50 or so? They weren't sick either. Just died in quarantine. :(

Back
Top Bottom