Unusual poops

Zyrafa

Hatching
Nov 23, 2023
6C94247C-4AFE-44C8-99AC-0D30F9EF6B93.jpeg

x2
Also, clean out your coop, run (if you have one), waters, feeders etc. if you haven't already!
Hope you get rid of those parasites! Good luck!
Thank you,
If they are round worms will ivermectin work on them? I saw only one poop like that and I grab a stick and try to move them for “investigation“ and those “worms “ were easily breaking and not moving…
But there is still some watery poops, but they are often drinking water after cheese making ( similar to sour butter milk).

Thank you,
If they are round worms will ivermectin work on them? I saw only one poop like that and I grab a stick and try to move them for “investigation“ and those “worms “ were easily breaking and not moving…
But there is still some watery poops, but they are often drinking water after cheese making ( similar to sour butter milk).
What have you been feeding your birds? Any pasta?
Where are you located in the world?

Ivermectin is not the best choice for treating worms. I'm not convinced what you see are Roundworms, perhaps some type of worm. @dawg53

Fenbendazole (Safeguard/Panacur) or Albendazole (Valbazen) are very good dewormers to use.
If you are not in the U.S. please tell us what country you are in, a lot of times we can point you to a good dewormer that you can find.

To treat Roundworms Only - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

To treat most worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Just for kicks and giggles - your photo compared to various Roundworm in chicken poop from BYC Posts and across the web.

1700888286440.png

1700887517916.png

1700887537737.png

1700887885435.png

Photo Reference LINK
1700887992862.png

Photo Reference LINK

1700888081932.png

Photo Reference LIN

What have you been feeding your birds? Any pasta?
Where are you located in the world?

Ivermectin is not the best choice for treating worms. I'm not convinced what you see are Roundworms, perhaps some type of worm. @dawg53

Fenbendazole (Safeguard/Panacur) or Albendazole (Valbazen) are very good dewormers to use.
If you are not in the U.S. please tell us what country you are in, a lot of times we can point you to a good dewormer that you can find.

To treat Roundworms Only - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

To treat most worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Just for kicks and giggles - your photo compared to various Roundworm in chicken poop from BYC Posts and across the web.

View attachment 3690990

View attachment 3690984

View attachment 3690985
View attachment 3690986
Photo Reference LINK
View attachment 3690988
Photo Reference LINK

View attachment 3690989
Photo Reference LIN

I live in Canada. I found that I can get Piperazine , but it works only on round worms.
I was looking at all possible pictures of round worms and those on mine seems to me a bit different. They are like spaghetti but yellow/ reddish. I feed them also ( or their have access) to scrap food or waste from composter. We had spaghetti squash with tomatoes but no noodles. Could the squash looks like that?

I live in Canada. I found that I can get Piperazine , but it works only on round worms.
I was looking at all possible pictures of round worms and those on mine seems to me a bit different. They are like spaghetti but yellow/ reddish. I feed them also ( or their have access) to scrap food or waste from composter. We had spaghetti squash with tomatoes but no noodles. Could the squash looks like that?
I dont see any roundworms in the feces at all. However, worms can eventually cause shed intestinal lining, sometimes mixed with blood if not treated accordingly. That said, it wouldnt hurt to worm all your birds with the Piperazine especially if they are penned all the time.
I also recommend that you stop feeding your birds scrap food and/or waste. Feed your birds regular chicken feed and then observe for the return to normal looking feces.

I dont see any roundworms in the feces at all. However, worms can eventually cause shed intestinal lining, sometimes mixed with blood if not treated accordingly. That said, it wouldnt hurt to worm all your birds with the Piperazine especially if they are penned all the time.
I also recommend that you stop feeding your birds scrap food and/or waste. Feed your birds regular chicken feed and then observe for the return to normal looking feces.
They have regular chicken food in the morning and soaked chicken scratch later. They are free range ( they room on 2 acres) so I can’t tell them to stay away from compost… but I saw already that the one that made this ugly poop made today the perfect one 😊

Yes, likely the spaghetti squash with tomato.

Back
Top Bottom