Update on duck

Emmars

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2024
This is a picture of Monday and Today. I think it looks better. But not sure. Also I do not know if this is a hen or a drake the quack is very quiet and raspy. Not sure if this is due to drake or sickness. Thoughts please. I am new to raising ducks.

Attachments

• IMG_5465.jpeg
    IMG_5465.jpeg
    501.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 4
This is a picture of Monday and Today. I think it looks better. But not sure. Also I do not know if this is a hen or a drake the quack is very quiet and raspy. Not sure if this is due to drake or sickness. Thoughts please. I am new to raising ducks.
Usually raspy means drake but with it being sick it could be a hen. I thought it looked more like a hen and all of my drakes had an olive green bill. I have never had that breed though so I probably am not a good resource on the sex of it. Glad it is doing better.

We have been using apple cider vinegar. I tried to get VetRx but they were out so I am going to try again tomorrow. Hoping her symptoms are not getting worse. “She” has a quiet raspy sounding quack. I think the eye looks better though. Hopefully it is getting better and not worse.

I remember your thread about her eye, and things like apple cider vinegar in her water bucket and /or saline rinse and terramycin ointment were suggested I think... Which treatments have you tried?
We have been using apple cider vinegar. I tried to get VetRx but they were out so I am going to try again tomorrow. Hoping her symptoms are not getting worse. “She” has a quiet raspy sounding quack. I think the eye looks better though. Hopefully it is getting better and not worse.

VetRx is a natural herbal formula for relief of cold / respiratory symptoms . I would not put it In the eye, but instead try rinsing with saline and then apply terramycin antibiotic eye ointment, in the eye.

I have vet rx and i like it for my chickens when they have a mild respiratory symptoms but no not for my duck's eyes
I realize the label says for eyeworms? but does your duck have that? did you look under the lids and see worms?

VetRx is a natural herbal formula for relief of cold / respiratory symptoms . I would not put it In the eye, but instead try rinsing with saline and then apply terramycin antibiotic eye ointment, in the eye.

I have vet rx and i like it for my chickens when they have a mild respiratory symptoms but no not for my duck's eyes
I realize the label says for eyeworms? but does your duck have that? did you look under the lids and see worms?
I have not seen any worms I really don’t know what’s going on with her. I am new to raising ducks. I just know the discoloration doesn’t look good and the quack is raspy.

I have not seen any worms I really don’t know what’s going on with her. I am new to raising ducks. I just know the discoloration doesn’t look good and the quack is raspy.
Could she possibly be a he. Their voices when young can start out like a quack and then they end up being drakes. I was just wondering. I hope she gets better soon.

Back
Top Bottom