Urgent, A lot of blood in poo!!! Help please

THey should not be given egg layer feed until they are laying!!! It's IMPERATIVE to get them on chick starter - FAST. THat could be the only problem!

TSC has the best medicated chick starter that I've found (DUMOR). Since I started using it my biddies grow alot faster and are extremely healthy. I'd pick up a sack and they'll probably straighten right up. Good luck.
smile.png

what i do is somedays give them chick starter med , and some days egg layer, i figured i should not do that but my tractor place out here does not carry the chick starter until spring, and in so low on it, they were on it from day 1 until maybe a week. becouse im also feeding my 2 week old chicks the starter and when i ordered it it cost me more for the shipping than it did the bag. AAAAAGGGG. MAN. i NEED TO FIND A CHEAPER PLACE TO ORDER FROM.
barnie.gif

Dog food? Thats funny becouse one whent over to the dog food and started to eat it, Can it be any cheese, i have the yellow cheese?

Dog food is low in protein compared to cat food. What does your tractor supply carry? Do they have flock raiser? That would be better than layer ration. If the right food is really expensive to special order, maybe wait until spring next year before starting chicks when the local place orders it in quantity. I also worry that if you buy the last bag left over from last year's order, the food will be expired/vitamins degraded...
Can you drive to the next town/feed store to get some medicated chick start? Must be cheaper that mail order food...

I am with the others--either get some medicated chick starter or- the other plan I would go with=is plain chick starter and start the SULMET...

If these chicks are housed with other chicks or poultry I would isolate them immediately--it is very catching....

If the 2nd option is used with reg unmedicated feed and Sumet meds put in the water. Treat the water for 2 weeks... then off a week ..and then the next week apply meds to water again for another 7-8 days...(just for safety)

I had this advice given by our local Co-op agent, when we had the nasty bloody poos arrive after a buy from a local farmers mkt.

There are many articles on here with help for this(and about anything else)which is wonderful!!
Just ==put your topic in the search area, and you should have tons of advice at your finger tips immediately.
Good luck with treating your chicks~
jumpy.gif

Quote:
There is no place around here that carrys it right now. but ill do what i have to, i just gave them chick starter, i will try to find a place on line. money is only money when it comes to my chickys being sick.

Back
Top Bottom