URGENT HELP PLEASE. Rooster Getting Worse

thailand

Crowing
12 Years
Can someone please help......my rooster got into a fight and ended up with a swollen wattle. It scabbed over, but then a big lump developed. I removed the scab (which took away a big chunk of his wattle, stuffed the hole with Betadine and then Terramycin, and gave him Penicillin. It's three days later now and he's still not better, in fact he's getting worse!! The lump has moved up from where it originally started to directly up against his beak, above the hole. Now he is mostly keeping one eye shut!! I fear if I don't figure this out quick I'm gonna lose him.

Edited to Note: There appears to be no pus....I used a needle to prick the area and was only able to draw blood. He is due to have his 2nd dose of penicillin today, the first dose being 3 days ago. The penicillin does not seem to have helped so far. I am now wondering if there is no infection, but instead it might be inflammatory edema?? If others agree, what medication would I give him for that, and, should I still continue with the penicillin at the same time?

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP! This is a plea from the other side of the world - Thailand.

IMG_20170907_161230.jpg IMG_20170907_161246.jpg IMG_20170907_161259.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom