URGENT!! WHAT GENDER ARE MY CHICKENS

Hazel is a definite pullet.

Dusty is a definite cockerel.

Pluto could go either way. The comb is smallish and sorta pale, but the legs are very thick, the coloring is a little splotchy and there is a lot of red on the wings.

Casper is probably a cockerel. Couldn't say 100% without better pictures.

Maple could be either. That's a lot of comb and wattles for 2 months old but it doesn't scream cockerel at this point, either. Better pictures, especially of the back and tail areas, could help.
Better pic of number 5
20180811_191939.jpg

Hazel is a definite pullet.

Dusty is a definite cockerel.

Pluto could go either way. The comb is smallish and sorta pale, but the legs are very thick, the coloring is a little splotchy and there is a lot of red on the wings.

Casper is probably a cockerel. Couldn't say 100% without better pictures.

Maple could be either. That's a lot of comb and wattles for 2 months old but it doesn't scream cockerel at this point, either. Better pictures, especially of the back and tail areas, could help.
Better pic of number 4
20180811_192147.jpg

I think 4 and 5 are very likely both cockerels. Both have quite thick legs. 5 has the big comb and wattles at 1 month. 4 has a color pattern more common in male Easter eggers. And both are feathering out in a way that usually happens with cockerels. Unless you need to get rid of any potential males ASAP, it's worth waiting another week or two. But if you have new homes lined up, I would go ahead and re-home. Sorry it is not better news.

I think 4 and 5 are very likely both cockerels. Both have quite thick legs. 5 has the big comb and wattles at 1 month. 4 has a color pattern more common in male Easter eggers. And both are feathering out in a way that usually happens with cockerels. Unless you need to get rid of any potential males ASAP, it's worth waiting another week or two. But if you have new homes lined up, I would go ahead and re-home. Sorry it is not better news.
That's ok:) thanks for the help.

I believe OP’s birds are all 2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom