using a dickey hatcher as an incubator? anyone?

alaskanhenhouse

Songster
12 Years
Mar 3, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
has anyone used a dickey hatcher as an incubator also? i know it works well the other way, using the incubator for hatching. I have the rare opportunity to purchase a 'one time use' dickey hatcher. I don't enjoy rolling the eggs. any chance the little yellow auto turners can fit into the dickey hatcher trays?

Are you talking about the egg turners like for the styrofoam bators? There might be a way to rig it up. If I were you, I'd call Mr. Dickey. Go to his website. His number is there, or you could email him. He's real nice, I'm sure he'd be happy to answer your question.
smile.png

Paula

yes, them yellow ones are what i have for my 3 styro hovabators. It would be nice to only keep one unit at the proper temp/hum levels.

I might try conacting him monday and see what he thinks. Thanks

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I just recently bought a Dickey incubator. I was using Hovabators before, and they work well, but this is so much easier. I love it.

Paula

IMO, the Dickey Incubator is "FAR SUPERIOR" to the competition. His cabinet is "quality built" and the eternal mechanism is the same or better. He is a fair and reasonable business man and will answer your questions, try doing that at the competition. He is available to talk incubators 7 days a week as well. I have found out that a phone call is faster than his email however...he wants our business and will do what he needs to do to earn it!....QUALITY

Quote:
Totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself. And I agree, I would call instead of emailing. Very nice man to talk to.

Paula

I just looked into them yesterday. I wish I would have found them earlier. If I buy an incubator, it will probably be from them. But for now, it's just my big old homemade one. I am going to buy parts for mine from them also.

There is nothing wrong with your "homemade unit" if it works for you...but my ultimate dream will be a DICKEY INCUBATOR as soon as I recover from back surgery.....

Back
Top Bottom