Very dark egg at day 8??

Pansy Peony

In the Brooder
Aug 20, 2022
Hey, we just candled our eggs and found this very dark one, it isnt visible on the photo but I did see a few veins, the egg is dark all the way around. We have no idea on whats happening with it, but I really need help finding out. The eggs were shipped to us and were fine when they arrived, we candled it in different rooms and with different flashlights, we nearly forgot to take pics, so we only got one. We would be really grateful if you have an answer to this!
The egg is from an australorp.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 30
Hey, we just candled our eggs and found this very dark one, it isnt visible on the photo but I did see a few veins, the egg is dark all the way around. We have no idea on whats happening with it, but I really need help finding out. The eggs were shipped to us and were fine when they arrived, we candled it in different rooms and with different flashlights, we nearly forgot to take pics, so we only got one. We would be really grateful if you have an answer to this!
For clarification, you candled this egg and it was fine, but now looks like this at day 8? I can’t really tell in the pic, but if it was shipped after it started developing it’s probably not viable at this point. A better pic would be helpful.

The egg shell seems really thick- can you use a brighter light to candle it? If there are veins, then the embryo is alive. Did you candle the eggs before setting them?

Back
Top Bottom