Very Happy with my Mt. Healthy order

Ok, little update in the shipping saga:

Still no shipping notification from Mt Healthy (today was my new ship date - they never did email about how they rescheduled me til 4/16, but maybe they noted that I had called and been informed). Anyway, was about to call or email them to see if I got pushed again when I decided to check the post office “informed delivery” first.

And.

They shipped YESTERDAY. So that’s cool, glad they ship early-hatchers early when possible, but I am a bit confused that they don’t have an automatic email go out when they ship someone chicks. Looks like they prepped the box around lunch, and USPS for sure had it by dinner yesterday.

Anyway, if a Mt Healthy employee is lurking on here, it would be a very good addition to your process to have an automated email go out when chicks ship. And when ship days are changed in your system. Better to over communicate with your clients about when the chicks are coming. ❤️

And if I seem “extra” about it, (1) this is my first time with shipped chicks and my local post office makes me nervous - this sounded like their first time with live chicks when I called to give a heads up, and (2) we bought a couple chicks of other breeds locally to supplement this order, and they are growing fast! I was worried they would get too big to brood with these chicks.

Anyway, I’m sure I will post when they arrive. 😁😁 Hopefully all happy and healthy.
Just got a shipping confirmation email! It says they shipped today…but when you click the tracking link, it says they arrived at the USPS distribution center yesterday evening 🤷‍♀️.

Either way, glad an email went out. 👍

Just to finish off the story (since I hate when threads I find end with a “cliffhanger”), the chicks arrived early this morning - so they shipped Saturday afternoon, got a shipping notification Sunday lunch time (with ship date as the scheduled hatch date - Sunday), and arrived around 6:30a.m. on Monday. 😁

There was one extra chick in the box, so 11 total. Received 4 varieties (so more than the guaranteed minimum of 3 types), and everyone appears happy and healthy thus far!

3DABED67-D26D-4247-9922-2DCEAC7126D6.jpeg

Just to finish off the story (since I hate when threads I find end with a “cliffhanger”), the chicks arrived early this morning - so they shipped Saturday afternoon, got a shipping notification Sunday lunch time (with ship date as the scheduled hatch date - Sunday), and arrived around 6:30a.m. on Monday. 😁

There was one extra chick in the box, so 11 total. Received 4 varieties (so more than the guaranteed minimum of 3 types), and everyone appears happy and healthy thus far!

View attachment 3471165
Yay! What breeds did you end up with?

Ok, little update in the shipping saga:

Still no shipping notification from Mt Healthy (today was my new ship date - they never did email about how they rescheduled me til 4/16, but maybe they noted that I had called and been informed). Anyway, was about to call or email them to see if I got pushed again when I decided to check the post office “informed delivery” first.

And.

They shipped YESTERDAY. So that’s cool, glad they ship early-hatchers early when possible, but I am a bit confused that they don’t have an automatic email go out when they ship someone chicks. Looks like they prepped the box around lunch, and USPS for sure had it by dinner yesterday.

Anyway, if a Mt Healthy employee is lurking on here, it would be a very good addition to your process to have an automated email go out when chicks ship. And when ship days are changed in your system. Better to over communicate with your clients about when the chicks are coming. ❤️

And if I seem “extra” about it, (1) this is my first time with shipped chicks and my local post office makes me nervous - this sounded like their first time with live chicks when I called to give a heads up, and (2) we bought a couple chicks of other breeds locally to supplement this order, and they are growing fast! I was worried they would get too big to brood with these chicks.

Anyway, I’m sure I will post when they arrive. 😁😁 Hopefully all happy and healthy.
Mt Healthy did send me an email when they shipped. I got a call early, 7AM, to come get the chicks. You probably have done this, but check your spam folder. Sometimes important email's get sent there.
I have emailed Mt Healthy multiple times once just to get a copy of what breeds were in my shipment since I got a variety pack. They have always emailed me either immediately back or by the next morning.

I hope you got your chick's and enjoying them. Enjoy them when they are tiny, they grow so fast :)

Just got a shipping confirmation email! It says they shipped today…but when you click the tracking link, it says they arrived at the USPS distribution center yesterday evening 🤷‍♀️.

Either way, glad an email went out. 👍
I think what happens is it says they shipped when they create a shipping label but haven't sent them out yet. Then you get an email when they actually go. That happens with lots of my shipments through Amazon.

Here are my Mt Healthy chicks at 5 weeks. They are all doing great except one is half the size of the others. She eats, drinks, her vent looks great but when I pick her up she will just lay on me and fall asleep. I don't know what could be wrong with her or what I can do. She did get a worm today when we took them out to their run for the first time. She was running around with it chirping away and trying to hide behind or under me with it. I was screaming, lol, I don't like worms.

Attachments

• IMG_20230429_182715983_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230429_182715983_HDR.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230429_182633492.jpg
    IMG_20230429_182633492.jpg
    755.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230429_182652940_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230429_182652940_HDR.jpg
    872.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230429_182657347_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230429_182657347_HDR.jpg