Wait time after ivermectin treatment

Bokboks

Hatching
Apr 7, 2024
Hola- How long after ive topically treated my chickens with ivermectin for gapeworm, do I have to wait until we can eat their eggs?
Also- how long do i wait to treat the 2nd time?
Thank you for your assistance.

Ivermectin is not approved for chickens. People do use it for mites, but for worms, it may be better to use something like Valbazen or SafeGUARD/ fenbendazole. If you have used ivermectin already, I would wait at least 2 weeks up to a month before using eggs.

Ivermectin is not approved for chickens. People do use it for mites, but for worms, it may be better to use something like Valbazen or SafeGUARD/ fenbendazole. If you have used ivermectin already, I would wait at least 2 weeks up to a month before using eggs.
Thank you! I was directed to use it by the filks at the feedstore so they've already been treated and do actually seem to be better.

Ivermectin doesn't really work for worms anymore. What dose did you give them? How did you diagnose gapeworm?
Thank you for the reply.
I was directed to use ivermectin by the folks at the feed store and so they have already been treated and do actually present as better and symptom free.

Back
Top Bottom